• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kincanucks is right-

I know people that got hypothermia in May, and some even in August. Have fun.  ;)

;D The past five years its only averaged 12 degrees on May 5th, that's not freezing, but it's still pretty cold!  Have a good time, my time will come soon.

UPDATE:
Recruiting Center: London
Reg/Res: Primary reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade 1: Med Tech
Trade 2: -------
Trade 3: -------
Application Date: October 2007
First Contact: November 2007
CFAT: December 2007
Interview: December 2007
Medical: Febuary 2007 (it was suppose to be January till they moved it back for "priority cases")
Physical: Febuary 2007
Position offered: N/A
Basic Training: N/A

kincanucks said:
Well since it is not his decision but the CFRC/D's then the answer would be no.

Actually you're wrong, very wrong, I was given the option to cancel and informed it would probably be best, now that I'm looking into it that information may be fallacious therefore I might do as Liam says and end up doing the trio now rather then later, just need a couple more details first.

ghyslyn said:
Actually you're wrong, very wrong, I was given the option to cancel and informed it would probably be best, now that I'm looking into it that information may be fallacious therefore I might do as Liam says and end up doing the trio now rather then later, just need a couple more details first.

AW GREAT!

A teenager who thinks he knows better than a Recruiting Officer.

Just what we need.    ::)

George Wallace said:
Just what we need.    ::)

Well, if you need them, I could try to email some of them to show up more often when you're here.

(finger in mouth, I'm SO glad the -/+ barometer is gone as I'm posting that ! )

Sure!

Let them come in and fill in files that will be put in the incomplete........."Dead Files" bin.  If you have a fireplace they come in handy to get the logs burning on those chilly nights......very romantic/soothing with some soft music and wine.  Just what the doctor ordered after a week on the assembly lines.  ;D

On a more serious note:

To all thinking of joining the CF, Regular or Reserve, ensure that all your documentation is filled out.  If your documents are incomplete they will sit in a pile until such time as you complete them.  It is up to you to ensure that all documents are complete, not the CFRC.  The staff do not have the time to deal with incomplete files and chase after applicants for missing information.  They are more concerned with those who have provided the complete documentation required and ambitious enough to follow through with further testing in their application process.  I do believe that files that are stale or have sat idle for over a year, are discarded.

Remember that you must pass the CFAT, Medical, and in the case of Reservists, the CF Fitness Test.  Your Security Checks usually won't start until after those tests are completed, as they are very 'labour' intensive and there is no need for one if a person fails the previous tests.  It is up to you to ensure you provide all the necessary information and show up for all your appointments a few minutes in advance. 

Remember that if you have any priors with the Law, or have lived outside of Canada for a prolonged period of time, your security check will take longer than most.

ghyslyn said:

Well personally I don't give a flying f$%k what happens to you but I was basing my comment on your post. So next time state that you were given the choice not Found out that I need a minimum of one year of university for Res. Officer, therefore everything is postponed until May.

HH and DA

** UPDATED**
Recruiting Center: Oshawa
Reg/Res: regular
Trade 1: LCIS tech
Trade 2: Firesystems Tech
Application Date: January 2008
First Contact: January 29th, 2008
CFAT: February 13th, 2008
Interview: February 18th, 2008
Medical: February 22nd, 2008
Physical: February 22nd, 2008
Position offered: pending
Basic Training: pending

***UPDATE***

***COMPLETED***

Recruiting Center: CFRC Victoria, BC
Reg/Res: Regular force
Trade 1: LMN
Trade 2: LCIS Tech
Trade 3: - -
Application Date: December 10th, 2007
First Contact: January 9th, 2008
Med/CFAT: January 24th, 2008
Interview: January 24th, 2008
Position offered: February 12th, 2008 (LCIS Tech)
Swear-In Ceremony: February 15th, 2008
Basic Training: February 25th, 2008
  :)

Recruiting Center: CFRC Calgary, AB
Trade 1:Infantry
Trade 2: MSE Operator
Trade 3: Cook
Application Date: February 8th, 2008
First Contact: The same day I dropped off my application, they booked my CFAT/Interview/Medical
Med/CFAT: February 12th, 2008
Interview: February 12th, 2008
Position offered: ----
Swear-In Ceremony:----
Basic Training: -----

***UPDATE***

***PUSHED BACK***

Recruiting Center: CFRC Victoria, BC
Trade 1: LMN
Trade 2: LCIS Tech
Trade 3: - -
Application Date: December 10th, 2007
First Contact: January 9th, 2008
Med/CFAT: January 24th, 2008
Interview: January 24th, 2008
Position offered: February 12th, 2008 (LCIS Tech) - Turned down due to family issue that came up today :( but have been told to be ready for Mar 24th or Apr 7th  :)
Swear-In Ceremony: TBD
Basic Training: TBD

***UPDATE***

Recruting Center: Ottawa, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2:          -
Trade Choice 3:          -
Application Date: January 23rd, 2008
First Contact: February 13th, 2008
CFAT: February 18th, 2008
Interview:
Medical:
Physical:
Position offered:
Basic Training:

Panda

UPDATE:
Recruiting Center: London
Reg/Res: Primary reserve
Trade 1: Med Tech
Trade 2: -------
Application Date: October 2007
First Contact: November 2007
CFAT: December 2007
Interview: December 2007
Medical: February 2007
Physical: February 2007
Merit listed: I'm still not merit listed because of my enhanced background check
Position offered: N/A
Basic Training: N/A

Can anyone tell me why My background check has taken 5 months? I first filled the form for the background check along with my application in October 2007 and it still hasn't gone through. Mind you i have no criminal record, never gotten a speeding ticket, have no debt except OSAP ;D (I've searched the forum and they say ERCs take 2-3 bussiness days if you have no debt or criminal record). I've left the country for vacations during christmas and i wasn't born in Canada (but have been living here for about ten years now), could this be it?

lone bugler said:
Can anyone tell me why My background check has taken 5 months? i wasn't born in Canada (but have been living here for about ten years now), could this be it?

More than likely, although 5 months is not a long time.

lone bugler said:
Can anyone tell me why My background check has taken 5 months? I first filled the form for the background check along with my application in October 2007 and it still hasn't gone through. Mind you i have no criminal record, never gotten a speeding ticket, have no debt except OSAP ;D (I've searched the forum and they say ERCs take 2-3 bussiness days if you have no debt or criminal record). I've left the country for vacations during christmas and i wasn't born in Canada (but have been living here for about ten years now), could this be it?

Maybe you should go and ask the CFRC, maybe that part of your file got misplaced.

Also they might be checking into your history prior to coming to Canada and are having delays in getting the documents from your former homeland (wether it be cause of translation or just a slow working government on the other end. BTW this is not meant as a jab at you or your former homeland.)

EDITED TO ADD

After looking at your profile I think (and take it for what its worth) the delay might because of the need to translate the documentation into english.

I'm going to call the recruiting center tomorrow to clear up weather it's the ERC or the pre-security clearance (which could take up to year apparently). But being a med tech would i need security clearance right away before I join? not only that my dad works as a aircraft technician for the Canadian Government and he passed his clearance. I just really want to get this done to go to BMQ/SQ this summer but at this point I dont think it's possible.... 

To start I think you only need Enhanced Reliability (to make sure you aren't carrying debt loads for say deliquent loan payments or credit card debt) for BMQ/SQ then not sure if Medics need a higher security classification. Can someone please confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back