• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like around a third of those 30,000 will be dropped before merit listed. That significantly changes the odds.

And that was just in 2006 when the economy was decent and the war in Afghanistan was still raging.

I have heard that out of every 10 applicants for Infantry, only 1 actually gets a job offer. I don't know about other trades.

I agree it is more competitive.

However, I don't think that the drop out rates as indicated on at the link I posted would be different.

Goodeman said:
I have heard that out of every 10 applicants for Infantry, only 1 actually gets a job offer. I don't know about other trades.

Everyone wants infantry.  This is not surprising. 

Also, is it 10 applicants for every one spot or 10 merit listed applicants for every one spot?

Stiman said:
Looks like around a third of those 30,000 will be dropped before merit listed. That significantly changes the odds.

I don't see anything on this link about merit listing. Only final offers.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but (1200 + 1600 + 950 + 1200 + 3800) / 13500 = 64.8%

I don't see where you're getting this third of 30,000. There's only 4,000 positions per year from what I understand.

So according to this chart, only 35.2% of applicants receive job offers.

Stiman said:
There are a lot more spots for infantry as well so.

Someone earlier posted there are about 120 openings for Inf. I'm pretty sure there are over 500 openings for ACISS.

Just sayin'.

Meanwhile back to the topic of "Application Process Samples" ;0)

Recruiting centre: New West
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Aesop
Trade choice 2: NavCom
Tade Choice 3: ComRes
Applied: Mar 27th 2013
File sent to CFRC: May 9th, 2013
First contact: May 16th, 2013
CFAT: Wrote in 2002-2003 Passed.
Medical: July 3rd, 2013
Interview: Waiting
Position offered: Waiting
Enrollment/swearing in: Waiting

NavComm87 said:
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but (1200 + 1600 + 950 + 1200 + 3800) / 13500 = 64.8%

100-64.8=35.2 like I said, about a third. Says a third in the link as well.

What I'm saying is that if you get on the merit list, you're in a much smaller group of people that didn't get dropped during the application process. Therefore you are no longer competing with all the applicants but the ones that were merit listed. Which bring me to my original argument that your not competing against 30,000 anymore and your odds are a lot better.

Goodeman said:
The thing about the merit list is that people are ALWAYS being added to it.

People are ALWAYS being removed from it too.

Withdrawn applications, enrollment, changing trade choices, and more.

But this topic about competition is probably better for it's own thread, not this one. Anyways, I know we all like to know these numbers about competition, but they really don't mean anything to us applicants in the end. There is just too many variables for it to even be close to useful in coming to any conclusion on the subject of competition for a position.

JM2345 said:

But this topic about competition is probably better for it's own thread, not this one. Anyways, I know we all like to know these numbers about competition, but they really don't mean anything to us applicants in the end. There is just too many variables for it to even be close to useful in coming to any conclusion on the subject of competition for a position.

:goodpost:

JM2345 said:

I agree... back to application samples! Best of luck to everyone in the process... waiting is the hardest part.

I have been thinking about applying to the Military for a couple of years now and finally took the plunge last night and started the application process.

Recruiting centre: Online
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade choice 2:
Tade Choice 3:
Applied: June 25, 2013
File sent to CFRC:
First contact:
CFAT:
Medical:
Interview: