• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAA is right about the PLAR, mine took between 6-8 weeks, background checks seen to run at their own pace, and some things can be done while waiting

Recruting Center: Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Tech
Trade Choice 2: Heating & Plumbing Tech
Trade Choice 3: Med Tech
Application Date: January 14th / 14
First Contact: January 20th / 14
CFAT: February 10th / 14 (Booked)
MED Test: ??
Physical: ??
Position Offered: n/a
Basic Training Begins: n/a

Process seem's to be going smoother / quicker then I anticipated, I gather this will slow down in the future, but may or may not, Vehicle Tech is in High Demand rate now which is great considering that is what I wanted to go in for to begin with, and heating & plumbing I already have experience in the civilian world with, so that may / or may not help.

Been training my ass off the for the last 2 year's, dropped over 120lbs just to sign up, Worried about my vision, pretty sure it's V4, I can have 20/20 corrected, just not sure what it is uncorrected, have an appointment at the end of the month.

Best of luck to everybody!

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Officer/NCM: Officer - DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: -
Trade Choice 3: -
Application Date: 2014-01-10
First Contact: 2014-01-14 (via email)
Documentation Submitted: 2014-01-20
Aptitude Test: 2012-02-01 - PASSED (Already completed from previous application.)
Medical:
Interview:
Aircrew Selection:
Pilot Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMOQ Begins:

Note: Will be graduating from McGill University with a Bachelor's of Electrical Engineering in December 2014.

last time I spoke with my file manager the PLAR was still being done. they started the PLAR in the beginning of november the latest.
Makes me wonder. I have had a lot of civilian jobs offered latley that are hard to turn down. I hope I get some good news soon.

bhmve said:
last time I spoke with my file manager the PLAR was still being done. they started the PLAR in the beginning of november the latest.

My money is on they "said" they started the PLAR but actually haven't done anything......

Recruting Center: Edmonton, AB
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Combat Engineer
Application Date: July, 2013
First Contact: July, 2013
Aptitude completed : Sept, 2013
Interview completed: Sept, 2013
Medical: Jan, 2014
PT Test completed: Jan, 2014
Position Offered: _________
Sworn in: _________
Basic Training Begins: _________

Footnote: I travelled al ot and had to get an enhanced 10 year background check that happened over 4 months (and I was told up to a year). Hence the confusing order of my process ( I mentioned all the countries I've travelled to and the fact that I lived overseas and the recruiter was very proactive and gave me the form to be filled out as I applied). Overall it was a painless and worthwhile process that left a great impression so far.

I got in contact with cfrc Halifax today. Turns out plar was complete and I was merrit listed last week.. I guess it's just a waiting game from here! Hope they call soon

bhmve said:
I got in contact with cfrc Halifax today. Turns out plar was complete and I was merrit listed last week.. I guess it's just a waiting game from here! Hope they call soon

Please learn how to use the SHIFT Key and how to CAPITALIZE words and abbreviations properly so that we will better understand what you are writing.

Sorry. I was typing with my phone... silly touchscreens are terrible for that.

DAA said:
My money is on they "said" they started the PLAR but actually haven't done anything......
That was my experience with CFRC Det. Barrie.  Why tell me the PLAR has been completed with no concerns or follow-up required, then come to me five months later looking for more info?

Recruiting Center: Halifax
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date (Online): August 28, 2013
File Transferred to local recruiter: September 19, 2013
CFAT: December 6, 2013
Medical: January 20, 2014
Interview: January 20, 2014
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

srvn2sv said:
That was my experience with CFRC Det. Barrie.  Why tell me the PLAR has been completed with no concerns or follow-up required, then come to me five months later looking for more info?

Your experience is more common than you think.  Even though "bhmve" says he was told everything is done and good to go, for some reason, I get this strange feeling that still nothing has been done.

Nevertheless, time will tell.  Selections for AVS Tech are now done "bi-weekly", so if they don't have an offer within 2 maybe 3 weeks, then something is "rotten in Bangkok".

On average how long does the application process take? I am going to apply as soon as I finish grade 10 ( already 16). It is because I want to apply to the air cadets. I want to see how long I can remain in the cadets before moving over to the reserves.

It all depends on what you want to do in the Reserves, is there a unit near you needing such position, how many other people are looking for said position. Starting in Sea cadets would be a good start, towards a career in the CF

marinemech said:
It all depends on what you want to do in the Reserves, is there a unit near you needing such position, how many other people are looking for said position. Starting in Sea cadets would be a good start, towards a career in the CF

I don't see how the cadet element affects a future in the CF. It's all the same program.

I mean, it would depend what element you would want to go into in the CF. It makes sense to join Air Cadets if you want to join the RCAF, for example.

Kamikaze1655 said:
On average how long does the application process take? I am going to apply as soon as I finish grade 10 ( already 16). It is because I want to apply to the air cadets. I want to see how long I can remain in the cadets before moving over to the reserves.

If you aren't already in cadets I would recommend just waiting for the reserves. You won't be in cadets long either way, whether you join the reserves or go to post secondary, you only have 2 or 3 years left anyway. Just my opinion on things, I went through something similar.

Cam2013 said:
Does anyone know the next selection date(s) for any of the combat arms?

It was suppose to be 1 Feb but it changed.  Off the top of my head, something like 18 Mar for most of the NCM occupations.

DAA said:
It was suppose to be 1 Feb but it changed.  Off the top of my head, something like 18 Mar for most of the NCM occupations.

Any difference for officers?

Sorry to hear.. I hope that whateve caused your file to be close until July resolves itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back