• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAA said:
Nevertheless, time will tell.  Selections for AVS Tech are now done "bi-weekly", so if they don't have an offer within 2 maybe 3 weeks, then something is "rotten in Bangkok".

Is this true? Selections for AVS Techs are being done bi-weekly? Also, do you know how many they are offering jobs to during each selection? I was told by someone at CFRC Halifax that there are over 200 semi-skilled applicants for AVS Tech. Seems a bit much for semi-skilled but I wouldn't know. Anyone have an idea?

bhmve said:
Is this true? Selections for AVS Techs are being done bi-weekly? Also, do you know how many they are offering jobs to during each selection? I was told by someone at CFRC Halifax that there are over 200 semi-skilled applicants for AVS Tech. Seems a bit much for semi-skilled but I wouldn't know. Anyone have an idea?

If DAA said it, its pretty much a guarantee that its true.

bhmve said:

Yes, it is true.  They are probably offering jobs to "anyone" who has been "Merit Listed", so if you don't get an offer shortly, then it's obvious that you haven't been Merit Listed.

If Halifax says there are over 200 semi-skilled applicants for AVS Tech, then I would think that at least 98% of those haven't been merit listed.  Do the math yourself....

Recruting Center: CFVRC
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2: Training Development
Trade Choice 3: Health Administration
Application Date: January 16 2014
First Contact via email: January 20th 2014
CFAT: TBD
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
Basic Training: TBD
Swearing In: TBD

I had a question; once I got the email it said to contact there 1-800 number. Once I called there they took my contact information and gave me a phone number. They said should I not be contacted in this week to give them a call to book an appointment for the CFAT. Did anyone else have to do this? I'm kinda worried they have not yet contacted me :$.

Marsbars said:
Recruting Center: CFVRC
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2: Training Development
Trade Choice 3: Health Administration
Application Date: January 16 2014
First Contact via email: January 20th 2014
CFAT: TBD
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
Basic Training: TBD
Swearing In: TBD

I had a question; once I got the email it said to contact there 1-800 number. Once I called there they took my contact information and gave me a phone number. They said should I not be contacted in this week to give them a call to book an appointment for the CFAT. Did anyone else have to do this? I'm kinda worried they have not yet contacted me :$.

I did not have to do that here in Halifax. After several months after applying, in October of 2013 I received a call to schedule my CFAT.  Just keep near the phone, and if you don't hear anything, give them a call with the number they gave you.

Best of luck,

Brandonfw

Marsbars said:

Personally, I wouldn't wait for them to call you, I would be calling the 1-800 # which was provided in that email and try to get yourself scheduled for the CFAT.

They are very busy at this time of the year, so don't expect them to return your call.

I guess I will give them the full week they said  and then call back in !

Thank you for the advice guys!

Aaand the final update! ;D

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: --
Trade Choice 3: --
Online Application Date: May 18th 2013
First contact: July 31st, 2013
Aptitude Test: October 3rd
Interview: October 23rd
Medical: October 17th
Merit Listed: October 23rd
Position Offered: January 23rd, 2014
Enrollment/Swear in: January 28th
BMQ Begins: February 1st

DAA said:
Personally, I wouldn't wait for them to call you, I would be calling the 1-800 # which was provided in that email and try to get yourself scheduled for the CFAT.

They are very busy at this time of the year, so don't expect them to return your call.

I tried calling multiple times....just keeps ringing and ringing and ringing...maybe they think the number on display is a joke as it's a Swiss number...and yes, I do have the time difference in mind.

a-ulrich said:
I tried calling multiple times....just keeps ringing and ringing and ringing...maybe they think the number on display is a joke as it's a Swiss number...and yes, I do have the time difference in mind.

If you are calling from outside Canada, the 1-800 won't work.

The number is "area specific".  So if your in Toronto, it will ring through to Toronto.  If your in Pembroke, it will ring through to Ottawa, etc, etc.  Basically the call get's routed to the closest/responsible CFRC.

rebeccag19 said:
Sorry to hear.. I hope that whateve caused your file to be close until July resolves itself!

Thanks, just hope when July does roll around, all the jobs don't start closing. I always keep a close eye on the Forces website.

Stuff said:
Aaand the final update! ;D

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: --
Trade Choice 3: --
Online Application Date: May 18th 2013
First contact: July 31st, 2013
Aptitude Test: October 3rd
Interview: October 23rd
Medical: October 17th
Merit Listed: October 23rd
Position Offered: January 23rd, 2014
Enrollment/Swear in: January 28th
BMQ Begins: February 1st

Congrats Stuff!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Edmonton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Engineer Officer
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application: 11-19-2013
First Contact: 12-04-2013
CFAT: 01-15-2014
Medical: 01-24-2014
Interview: Scheduled for 01-27-2014
Position offered: TBD
Swearing in: TBD
BMOQ: TBD

DAA... you seem to be in the know...

CFRC Det Barrie has asked for more details for my PLAR.  Further verification of hours worked in my field.  When submitting the requested breakdown of hours do I list the hours worked...or the actual hours of on-duty, hands-on, doing work related activities - time.  I can break down the information this closely as I was working as a paid contractor and kept track of hours for on-duty, travel, breaks, admin, etc.

srvn2sv said:
DAA... you seem to be in the know...

CFRC Det Barrie has asked for more details for my PLAR.  Further verification of hours worked in my field.  When submitting the requested breakdown of hours do I list the hours worked...or the actual hours of on-duty, hands-on, doing work related activities - time.  I can break down the information this closely as I was working as a paid contractor and kept track of hours for on-duty, travel, breaks, admin, etc.

Hours on duty.......

Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Weapons Tech
Trade Choice 3: Supply Tech
Application Date: Started Jan 6 2014 online.
First Contact:  
Aptitude Test: 
PT Test:
Interview: 
Medical:  
Position Offered: 
Enrollment/Swear in: 
BMQ Begins:

Super excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back