• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LegalApp said:
I hope for your sake that's the case, although I suspect it's a total crapshoot and will depend on the demand for the job and the recruiting centre.  Do you know if your trade choices are open right now?  Maybe DAA can help with that.  Are they all open now because it's post-April 1?  I've heard the lists on forces.gc.ca are never accurate.

From what DAA has told me Steward is in-demand and well my recruiting center is really really slow compared to others apparently.

I just thought I'd share this phone call I made today.

I called up and asked for an update as I do about once a month. My file manager asks me to hold on a second like usual while she looks at my file. This time is taking a lot longer than usual however, after about 3-4 minutes she asks me to wait a little longer while she gets some papers together. At this point I'm beaming because I think an offer just landed on their desk and shes going to tell me over the phone. She comes back a few minutes later and says that my security clearance went through and the Cpt. signed off on it yesterday...

So at this point I'm a little underwhelmed and confused and ask about what that means. She tells me that that's all I need to get merit listed.

Keep in mind that I was merit listed LAST May...

This leads into a several minute back and forth about whether I was merit listed or not.
Finally she looks back to my file from May 2013 and sees that I was indeed merit listed but was taken off in January to be put back on around nowish for a reason I'm still not clear about.

All in all it's about par for the course so I'll continue to hurry up and wait  :)

RectorCR said:
I just thought I'd share this phone call I made today.

I called up and asked for an update as I do about once a month. My file manager asks me to hold on a second like usual while she looks at my file. This time is taking a lot longer than usual however, after about 3-4 minutes she asks me to wait a little longer while she gets some papers together. At this point I'm beaming because I think an offer just landed on their desk and shes going to tell me over the phone. She comes back a few minutes later and says that my security clearance went through and the Cpt. signed off on it yesterday...

So at this point I'm a little underwhelmed and confused and ask about what that means. She tells me that that's all I need to get merit listed.

Keep in mind that I was merit listed LAST May...

This leads into a several minute back and forth about whether I was merit listed or not.
Finally she looks back to my file from May 2013 and sees that I was indeed merit listed but was taken off in January to be put back on around nowish for a reason I'm still not clear about.

All in all it's about par for the course so I'll continue to hurry up and wait  :)

Question of interest: Would the confusion simply have been caused by your addition of pilot, which was added much after your initial merit listing? Or have you yet to complete ACS?

Either way glad to hear things were sorted out :)

--Update--
Recruiting Center: London
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Avionics Systems Tech
Trade Choice 2: Aviation Systems Tech
Trade Choice 3: Traffic Tech
Application Date (online): March 11th
First Contact: March 13th
Aptitude Test: April 8th PASSED!
Interview: Waiting...
Medical: Waiting...
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
Basic Training Begins:

Goose15 said:
Question of interest: Would the confusion simply have been caused by your addition of pilot, which was added much after your initial merit listing? Or have you yet to complete ACS?

Either way glad to hear things were sorted out :)

No it wasn't that, that was the first thing I asked actually.

Recruiting Centre: London
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date (Online): August, 2013
First Contact: Sept 9, 2013
CFAT: October 1st, 2013
Medical: January 2014
Interview: Feb 28,2014
Merit Listed: feb 29, 2014
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Recruiting Centre: newwest
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date (Online): march, 2014
First Contact: april, 2014
CFAT: may 1, 2014
Medical: tbd 2014
Interview: tbd,2014
Merit Listed: tbd, 2014
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

when will I get in if everything goes accordingly?
was also wondering, my medical expired because I just turned 19 and it was under my parents before do I need medical to get into the army?

sunny1994 said:
when will I get in if everything goes accordingly?
was also wondering, my medical expired because I just turned 19 and it was under my parents before do I need medical to get into the army?

1)  No one can tell you that.

2)  Yes, the military does a medical.  Doesn't matter if you've had one before or not.

PMedMoe said:
1)  No one can tell you that.

2)  Yes, the military does a medical.  Doesn't matter if you've had one before or not.

thanks man, I was so stressed out because my medical insurance expired recently and I hadn't renewed it yet and I was afraid the army wouldn't accept me with no medical insurance

Recruting Center: Oshawa, Ontario
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Field Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Combat Engineer
Application Date: February 10th, 2014
First Contact: February 12th, 2014
CFAT: February 25th, 2014
Medical: May 2014
Interview: TBD

Originally had my medical scheduled for end of April, but I had to reschedule almost a month later because I have deep tissue tearing in my ankle and I don't think they'd be to happy with me showing up to a medical with a pretty badly injured ankle. Unfortunate! But, I'm looking forward to doing the medical.

sunny1994 said:
thanks man, I was so stressed out because my medical insurance expired recently and I hadn't renewed it yet and I was afraid the army wouldn't accept me with no medical insurance

The military doesn't care if you're insured or anything lol. They give you insurance when you eventually get in.

Treemoss said:
The military doesn't care if you're insured or anything lol. They give you insurance when you eventually get in.

You do realize that everyone does not get in right? It is not a guaranteed job for everyone who applies, which seems to be a common attitude on here. Maybe he should look at getting medical insurance just for himself, so you know if something bad happens he's covered.

KerryBlue said:
You do realize that everyone does not get in right? It is not a guaranteed job for everyone who applies, which seems to be a common attitude on here. Maybe he should look at getting medical insurance just for himself, so you know if something bad happens he's covered.

I realize that, I didn't say he would or wouldn't, just eventually or one day. I don't think someone wants to hear another person tell them they'll never get in. Besides, he may make it. Whether he chooses to get medical insurance is up to him, doesn't reflect what so ever on your app.

Spoke to my recruiting officer, medical is booked for April 29th. As long as I can walk they said I'm fine. Also still under parents insurance as I'm not 21 yet.

Medical: April 29th, 2014

Ulauma said:
Spoke to my recruiting officer, medical is booked for April 29th. As long as I can walk they said I'm fine. Also still under parents insurance as I'm not 21 yet.

Medical: April 29th, 2014

Lucky, good luck and hope that you can pass it!

After the most painful year in my life I finally got my job offer today! Basic starts June 16th

WesMurray congrats! What trade are you going for? I just got the call for my mpac which starts in early May, hoping that if I make it I'll be starting basic the time as you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back