• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molloy said:
Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade Choice 3: ---
Applied: August 13, 2013
First contact: August 29, 2013
Forms in to CFRC: Sept 04, 2013
CFAT: October 08, 2013
Pre-Sec Interview: October 10, 2013
Interview: December 05, 2013
ACSO Test: January 24, 2014 (Passed)
Medical: January 27, 2014
ASC: April 30, 2014
Aircrew Medical: May 2, 2014
Merit Listed: ---
Position offered: ---
Enrollment/swearing in: ---
BMQ: ---

Now to wait and see and hope.

Congrats on passing ASC! Does the staff of DRDC told you how long is gonna take to receive your air factor? I went to ASC in end of March and still waiting my air factor...

Mab163 said:
Congrats on passing ASC! Does the staff of DRDC told you how long is gonna take to receive your air factor? I went to ASC in end of March and still waiting my air factor...

Hey thanks! And they told me to call the RC after a month. They said the file sits in their office for about a week, then gets snail mailed to Ottawa, where they take however long to review it, and then it gets mailed to the RC. So I would say even a month is an optimistic estimate. If you haven't called your RC yet, you definitely should, and other than that keep checking in every 2-3 weeks. That's what they recommended in Trenton at least. Good luck, hopefully you'll get it soon!

Molloy said:
Hey thanks! And they told me to call the RC after a month. They said the file sits in their office for about a week, then gets snail mailed to Ottawa, where they take however long to review it, and then it gets mailed to the RC. So I would say even a month is an optimistic estimate. If you haven't called your RC yet, you definitely should, and other than that keep checking in every 2-3 weeks. That's what they recommended in Trenton at least. Good luck, hopefully you'll get it soon!

I called my RC about 1 week ago, nothing yet. As usual I will keep checking in every 2 weeks or so. At least the hardest part is done... now the only thing we can do is wait!... and work on our PT! Good luck!

DAA said:
I have never heard of an "education equivalency waiver" but I have heard of an "education waiver".  It's where your previous education, doesn't meet the occupation requirements and they are seeking a waiver because you are missing a specific course.

Generally, if your schooling (High School and or post secondary studies) was done outside of Canada, then they will want a "education credential assessment" done.

Recommended source is either ICAS ( http://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx ) or CICIC ( http://www.cicic.ca/415/credential-assessment-services.canada ).  Either is recognized by the CF but neither are a "reimburseable" expense, so you are on the hook for the cost and even then, there is no guarantee, that you will meet the education requirements for your chosen occupations.

So you can wait the 6-18 months as suggested or pay your $$$ and have the results in 6-8 weeks.

They actually told me 6-18 months for the WHOLE application process and not only for the equivalency. You`re right sir, It might just be ``Education waiver``but its along those lines. haha. Thank you.

I would listen to DAA if I were you, He knows his stuff.

On another note. My whole application progress was pretty close to 18 months and I didnt have to do an "education waiver". I would suggest not going by timelines because in the long run you could be just setting yourself up for disappointment, Trust me, I was in that boat.

my  :2c:

WesMurray said:
I would listen to DAA if I were you, He knows his stuff.

On another note. My whole application progress was pretty close to 18 months and I didnt have to do an "education waiver". I would suggest not going by timelines because in the long run you could be just setting yourself up for disappointment, Trust me, I was in that boat.

my  :2c:

I agree with Wes here. I applied last year in April, I have not needed an education waiver and it has been a year since I have applied and I am still awaiting a medical and interview. The timelines they give you are really not adhered to. They told me after my CFAT "Expect a call within a months time to schedule your medical and interview" It has been nearly 3 months and still no scheduled date.

I am going to assume its because they decided to do my Enhanced Reliability screening after my CFAT instead of starting it after the Interview. Oh well not a big deal, it gives me a step up after I do my interview considering I can go straight to merit list if all goes well.

LegalApp said:
Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Legal Officer
Online Application: March 12, 2014
First contact: March 14, 2014
CFAT: April 3, 2014
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
JAG Board Interview: --
Position(s) offered: --
Enrollment/swearing in: --
BMOQ: --

In case anyone else is applying for officer in Hamilton, just FYI, I was informed that Pilots are getting priority so the wait may be lengthy.

Hi there! I also applied to JAG. Thought I'll share:

Recruiting Centre: Victoria
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Legal Officer
Online Application: March 16, 2014
First contact: March 18, 2014
CFAT: April 9, 2014
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
JAG Board Interview: --
Position(s) offered: --
Enrollment/swearing in: --
BMOQ: --

I have just sent out the JAG application package. They said it will go to Ottawa for further processing.

In the mean time, I am starting a civvy job on Monday.

So I looked on the Forces website, looks like Infantry isn't hiring anymore......  What does that mean to everyone that has applied to infantry? I just did my cfat last week thinking that in a few months I would be leaving, but now I don't know what the deal is.

The site (Forces.ca) doesn't represent real-time needs for the CF, if you managed to apply for Infantry before it stopped "Hiring" then you should be good. And a few months likely wont happen, I did my CFAT a few months ago and I am still awaiting a scheduled date for my medical and interview.

The site has been recently updated. I check every week or so and within the last week a lot of trades stopped hiring. I speculate this is because they have received enough applicants that I no longer wish to keep it open to new applicants. They probably are still hiring, they just most likely want to discourage people from applying for the time being.

sunny1994 said:
I just did my cfat last week thinking that in a few months I would be leaving

Take a look in the Application Process Samples thread and see how long some people have had to wait.  Seriously, be prepared to wait more than a "few" months.

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: May 5, 2014
First contact: May 8, 2014
CFAT: waiting...
Medical: waiting...
Interview: waiting...
Merit Listed: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Enrollment/swearing in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

After 7 months finally got an interview date set for May 29th, super excited and relieved.  ;D

Recruting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Combat Eng
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: April 10, 2013
First Contact: September 06,2013
CFAT completed : October 22nd, 2013(PASSED)
Interview completed: May 29th, 2014
Medical Completed:Awaiting....
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:

Recruiting Centre: Toronto CFRC
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: infantry soldier
Trade Choice 2: armoured soldier
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: 05/12/14 (applied with a contact interview at the CFRC)
CFAT Completed : waiting
Physical test: waiting
Medical Completed : waiting
Interview Completed : n.a
Merit Listed: n.a
Position offered: n.a
Basic Training Begins: (recruiter most likely this july)

Out of curiosity, would they call me or send me an email for the CFAT/PT? Can any one share their experience with me.
I'm just kind of paranoid I might be in lecture or presenting when they call and thus miss it.

Please someone post, thank you!

Garysingh you should get an e-mail with the date for your CFAT/PT. I got mine about 2 weeks before the scheduled date.

KerryBlue said:
After 7 months finally got an interview date set for May 29th, super excited and relieved.  ;D

Nothing like a speedy process......      :facepalm:

KerryBlue said:

Congrats! That's excellent news! After a similarly long wait I know you're feeling pretty relieved right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back