• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: ---
Trade Choice 3: ---
Application Date (Online): December-09-14
File Transferred to local recruiter: December-11-14
CFAT: March-12-15 (Qualified for infantry)
Medical: ---
Interview: ---
Position Offered: ---
Enrollment/Swear in: ---
BMQ Begins: ---

Do you think I will be able to get an appointment for the medical/interview before the end of July? Or would a year be a better estimate? 

Recruiting Centre: Fredericton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Vehicle Tech
Applied: Feb. 25th, 2015
Further processing: March 13, 2015
First Contact: March 26th, 2015
CFAT: Passed 2013
Medical:
Interview:
Background Check:
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

So... found out the the trade I picked (Med Tech), I actually didn't qualify for due to my high school marks... I must have misread the requirements on the forces page or something. At any rate, I found this out when I popped into the recruiting center. The recruiter I spoke to (who was awesome btw, I love the staff at CFRC Fredericton), was really helpful in narrowing down some options for me with regards to a new trade and after much thought and discussion with my husband, I decided to go with Vehicle Tech.
So, sent an email to update that... I was sent home with some paperwork to fill out, so I'll hopefully be traveling back to the recruiting center on Tuesday to hand that all in... got some references lined up and feeling pretty good about things.

Colta said:
So... found out the the trade I picked (Med Tech), I actually didn't qualify for due to my high school marks... I must have misread the requirements on the forces page or something. At any rate, I found this out when I popped into the recruiting center. The recruiter I spoke to (who was awesome btw, I love the staff at CFRC Fredericton), was really helpful in narrowing down some options for me with regards to a new trade and after much thought and discussion with my husband, I decided to go with Vehicle Tech.
So, sent an email to update that... I was sent home with some paperwork to fill out, so I'll hopefully be traveling back to the recruiting center on Tuesday to hand that all in... got some references lined up and feeling pretty good about things.

Honestly, if I were you, I would consider myself better off. At least you'll have an actual trade when you get out.  :nod:

Does anyone know of any or have been offered BMQ dates after April 20th? I know there are two BMQs that occur mid April, but I am just not sure if my file will be prepared in time for those dates or if they have already filled.

snasd17 said:
Does anyone know of any or have been offered BMQ dates after April 20th? I know there are two BMQs that occur mid April, but I am just not sure if my file will be prepared in time for those dates or if they have already filled.

There's at least one on April 27th...

PMedMoe said:
Honestly, if I were you, I would consider myself better off. At least you'll have an actual trade when you get out.  :nod:
Sorry, could you please explain what is actual trade? Does it mean you will be able to have same trade as civilian?

llin_X said:
Does it mean you will be able to have same trade as civilian?

Yes, in some trades, such as Vehicle Tech:
http://army.ca/forums/threads/112669/post-1266217.html#msg1266217

Colta said:
I decided to go with Vehicle Tech.

mariomike said:
Yes, in some trades, such as Vehicle Tech:
http://army.ca/forums/threads/112669/post-1266217.html#msg1266217
Cool, thank you! But none of the trades I applied for is recognized, unfortunately  :(

llin_X said:
Cool, thank you! But none of the trades I applied for is recognized, unfortunately  :(

You are welcome. Good luck with whatever trade you pick. You may wish to check/confirm the highlighted part with Recruiting, as they would know best.

mariomike said:
You are welcome. Good luck with whatever trade you pick. You may wish to check/confirm the highlighted part with Recruiting, as they would know best.
I applied for Med Tech, AVN and ACS tech. A friend told me that I need to "challenge" civilian diploma, not sure what it means, will go to speak to recruiter, thanks for the advise ) 

llin_X said:
I applied for Med Tech, AVN and ACS tech. A friend told me that I need to "challenge" civilian diploma, not sure what it means, will go to speak to recruiter, thanks for the advise )

As for joining the CAF, best to contact Recruiting.

If you train as a Med Tech, you should know that Paramedicine is provincially regulated. Requirements and issue of a licence to practice are set by the provincial regulators.

Dnas17 said:

No probably not.  The final approval of your medical and return of your medical file will take 3-6 weeks.  Once that is complete, then the background checks will be started which will take another 3-6 weeks.  So you definitely will not make any of the Apr BMQ's.  If you are lucky, you "might" make a Jun serial.

DAA said:
No probably not.  The final approval of your medical and return of your medical file will take 3-6 weeks.  Once that is complete, then the background checks will be started which will take another 3-6 weeks.  So you definitely will not make any of the Apr BMQ's.  If you are lucky, you "might" make a Jun serial.

I know the day I finished my interview they started my background checks, and two of my references said they were called. My medical has also come back fit, are my chances still low??

Dnas17 said:
I know the day I finished my interview they started my background checks, and two of my references said they were called. My medical has also come back fit, are my chances still low??

If that's the case, then it's just a matter of waiting for the background checks to come back.  If everything is in order, then a more realistic employment offer would probably be for sometime in May.  But Apr could happen.

DAA said:
If that's the case, then it's just a matter of waiting for the background checks to come back.  If everything is in order, then a more realistic employment offer would probably be for sometime in May.  But Apr could happen.

Awesome, thanks for the help DAA  :salute:

Corrections to my last post below.. swore in yesterday.

Can't wait to get started!

Woo
--
Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
First Contact (Reserve Unit): September 24th 2014
Documents Submitted: October 15th 2014
PT Test (FORCE): October 15th 2014
CFAT completed : December 5th 2014
Interview completed: December 5th 2014
Medical Completed: December 5th 2014 - Told I was medically qualified February 5th 2015
Merit list: March 30th 2015 - Background check started on December 12th 2014
Sworn in: April 2nd 2014
BMQ Start: TBA

Jayson97 said:
Recruiting Center: Toronto
Trade Choice 2: ---
Trade Choice 3: ---
Application Date (Online): December-09-14
File Transferred to local recruiter: December-11-14
CFAT: March-12-15 (Qualified for infantry)
Medical: ---
Interview: ---
Position Offered: ---
Enrollment/Swear in: ---
BMQ Begins: ---

Do you think I will be able to get an appointment for the medical/interview before the end of July? Or would a year be a better estimate?

One thing for sure, you will get the appointment for the medical/interview before me  :D I did the CFAT during the same time period as you and in Toronto. But I applied for the Reserves and from what I was told, Regular Force applicants get priority first on the interview and medical.

Got the call BMQ April 20th

Recruiting Center: Sudbury
Trade Choice 2: Image Tech
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: November 23 2014
First Contact: December 4 2014
CFAT : December 11 (Passed)
Second Contact: February 13th
Medical : February 27th 2015