• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserve6 said:
I am in the same boat. However I have not left the country in the last 10 years. I was born in Canada. Not sure what the hold up is and I too have noticed fabvious and other get a medical/interview. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, it could also depend on the scores you achieved from the CFAT. That gets pretty competitive too on who gets dibs for the interviews and medicals.

canucksnation said:
Oh yeah, it could also depend on the scores you achieved from the CFAT. That gets pretty competitive too on who gets dibs for the interviews and medicals.

So hypothetically (because they do not reveal how you did/scored on the CFAT), lets say I got the bare minimum to pass, would this mean I would not be given an opportunity to do the medical/interview? As a group we were told we would not be given interviews/medical because primary force gets priority, however others have gone ahead and scheduled there interviews.

Reserve6 said:
So hypothetically (because they do not reveal how you did/scored on the CFAT), lets say I got the bare minimum to pass, would this mean I would not be given an opportunity to do the medical/interview? As a group we were told we would not be given interviews/medical because primary force gets priority, however others have gone ahead and scheduled there interviews.

From my personal experience having a low CFAT score can mean you will either wait a long time for med/interview or they shut your file completely. My recruiter told me they will send your scores off to recruited HQ to determine if your scores are competitive enough to make it worth continuing processing you then they go from there. I had one friend who did his CFAT, they told him he passed it for his selected trades then got an email a while later saying his file was closed due to his score being too low.

Reserve6 said:

There are three bars of competitiveness with regards to the CFAT. I will use RegF Combat Engineer scores to illustrate. The CFAT is scored out of 60. Not that there are 60 questions and you need to get 60/60 right to get a hundred but you need for certain jobs certain points in certain areas. For combat engineer to be considered competitive and be proceed quickly you need a score of 40/60 and over. If you score over 40 you will be processed without having to worry. Scoring this basically grantee's you a medical/interview. If you score in between I believe 30-40/60 there is a chance that if they need applicants because they are short or what have you, you maybe processed but you maybe waiting years for your score to be more competitive then others. If you score below 30 then basically you are SOL, most likely you will never be processed and if you score is low enough they flat out tell you you do not qualify unless you re-write the test. You have 2 chances to re-write, the first is 3 months after the initial. The second I'm not sure how much later but you need to also prove to them you are in school bettering your education(night classes, uni/college courses etc.) So if you get the bare minimum you may never ever get a medical or interview.

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: January 25, 2015
First Contact: April 30, 2015
CFAT: June 2, 2015
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
Seneca Entry Exam:  TBD
Aircrew Selection: TBD
Merit Listed: TBD
Position Offered:
Swearing In: TBD
BMOQ:  ??

Recruiting Centre: Fredericton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Vehicle Tech
Applied: Feb. 25th, 2015
Further processing: March 13, 2015
First Contact: March 26th, 2015
Passed in Initial Papers: April 1, 2015
CFAT: Passed 2013
Received Old Med Files: April 21rst, 2015... waiting on email for phase 2 (interview and medical)
Received Email for Phase 2 (med/interview) - May 6th, 2015
Background Check: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Swearing in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

So freaking pumped. Got the email saying I've been picked up for the medical and interview today! Was not expecting it and it really made an otherwise crappy day awesome!

If I received my acceptance email the day after my testing does it mean I scored pretty high? I thought the verbal portion of the test was pretty hard. I could not understand over 70% of the words they gave me.

Well we're moving along. Hopefully post-medical/interview doesn't take too long!!!!
Recruiting Centre: London
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied:  December 27, 2014
First contact: January 26, 2015
CFAT: March 4, 2015
Medical: May 14, 2015
Interview: May 14, 2015
Enrollment/swearing in: TBD

MercenaryBlack said:
Well we're moving along. Hopefully post-medical/interview doesn't take too long!!!!
Recruiting Centre: London
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied:  December 27, 2014
First contact: January 26, 2015
CFAT: March 4, 2015

Fill out that questionnaire sheet provided on their website for the trade, really helps!!!!

Recruiting Centre: Vancouver
Trade Choice 1: Aviation Tech
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: March 03 2015
First contact: March 23 2015
CFAT: May 05 2015 [PASSED NEXT DAY]

*Update + Changes were made to the initial application*

Recruiting Center: Vancouver
Applied: March 16, 2015
First contact: April 27, 2015
CFAT: May 14th, 2015 (Scheduled)

UPDATE

Regular/Reserve: Reserves
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Application Date: September 2014
First Contact:  March 13th, 2015
CFAT: April 13th, 2015 [Passed]
FORCE PT Test: April 29th, 2015 [Passed]
Interview: May 4th, 2015 [Passed]
Medical: April 21st, 2015 [Passed]
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Swear In Ceremony:
BMQ:

Currently waiting on my references to be checked off, because I had to update a few references.

So I failed the first fitness test (Barely by 5 seconds) the tester was calling faults on the 20 rushes, things he SHOULD NOT have been calling faults for (Like head being past the line, where it is clearly stated hands and shoulders can be on or behind the line), and was making us run past the 20m line, turn around, then touch the line and drop.

But enough of that.

I was made aware that my application has been put in for my Background check, so I am just waiting for that to clear, and once it does I will have my medical and interview. (Going to attempt to bypass them due too the fact I did them, 9 months ago).

Recruiting Center: 39 SVC BN, Richmond
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Cook
Application Date: February 2015
First Contact: March 12, 2015
CFAT : Passed - February 25th, 2014
FORCE Re-Test: (June something)
Swear In Ceremony: TDB
Basic Training: TDB

Recruiting Center: Recruitment Toronto
Application Date: March 30,2015
First Contact: May 4,2015
CFAT : (Scheduled) May 25, 2015
FORCE TEST: May 13, 2015
Swear In Ceremony: TDB
Basic Training: TDB

So, got the dates for my interview and medical... they're 3 weeks away which was a bit of a surprise, but I guess it is when things slow down and they've got another BMQ course getting sworn in and leaving in the next few weeks.
I'm super excited though, can't wait to go... still hoping I'll manage to make it in for the July 27/Aug 3 BMQ start dates.

Recruiting Centre: Fredericton
Trade choice 1: Vehicle Tech
Applied: Feb. 25th, 2015
Further processing: March 13, 2015
First Contact: March 26th, 2015
Passed in Initial Papers: April 1, 2015
CFAT: Passed 2013
Received Old Med Files: April 21rst... waiting on email for phase 2 (interview and medical)
Emailed for Phase 2 : May 6th, 2015
Medical: June 3rd, 2015
Interview: June 3rd, 2015
Background Check: TBD
Re-Enrolment Waiver: TBD

I have been reading posts on this forum for quite a while, so I decided I should make an account and post. Finished my CFAT today and I was told I qualified for
all three trades that I applied for. :)

Recruiting Center: Toronto
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Artillery Soldier
Application Date: March 31 2015
First Contact: April 29 2015
CFAT : May 12 2015 (Passed)
Medical : TBD
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Basic Training: TBD

Recruiting Center: 1st Battalion Nova Scotia Highlanders
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Application Date: March 27, 2015
CFAT: May 14, 2015

I have only applied for one trade and am now waiting for merit list and/or offer.

Trade choice 1: RMS clerk
Applied: Oct 2014
CFAT: Passed Nov 2014
Medical: March 2015
Interview: Feb 2015

Hi, I just have been scheduled for medical/interview.  :)
I graduated from high school, and I am really passionate about serving in the medical field (if possible) because I really like to serve and help people (I think it's in my genes  :D). And I think I am also really interested in Science and Technology, so I applied for ATIS and AVS tech. Thankfully, I am qualified for all trades and booked for interview. I hope everything goes well with everyone!

Recruiting Centre: Kingston
Trade choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade choice 1: Aerospace Telecommunications and Information Systems Technician (ATIS Tech)
Trade choice 1: Avionics Systems Technician (AVS  Tech)
Application Date: April 14th, 2015
First Contact: April 30th, 2015
CFAT: May 7th, 2015
Medical: June 16th, 2015
Interview: June 16th, 2015
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMQ:

Recruiting Center: Vancouver (Victoria Detachment)
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician (semi-skilled applicant)
Trade Choice 2: none
Trade Choice 3: none
Application Date: February 2, 2015
First Contact: May 1, 2015
CFAT : May 20, 2015
Form Collection/Background: May 20, 2015 (after passing CFAT)
Medical : TBD

Also in the middle of my paramedic practicum (and will need to take the licensing test before employment), so we'll see how that comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back