• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying to York University while it's on strike

dustinm

Inactive
Reaction score
York University is currently on strike. I have to head down there on Wednesday to apply there (iBA in History) I'm kind of anxious about it because it's on strike and I'll still have to pony up the dough even if no classes are going on. I also had an outstanding application to Laurentian but due to my college's magic clerical work I only have enough time and transcripts to apply there.

Anyone think I should risk applying? I may just end up giving my money to a vacuum that doesn't give me classes.

When would you be planning to start?  If this is for the summer term, or for 2009-2010, you shouldn't be worried about the strike affecting you.

If you're planning to start in January... well, you might encounter some delay, but the term will still run (probably extended a couple of weeks into the summer).  I'm a current student and staff member at York, so if you have any more specific questions, I might be able to help you.

jp86 said:
When would you be planning to start?  If this is for the summer term, or for 2009-2010, you shouldn't be worried about the strike affecting you.

If you're planning to start in January... well, you might encounter some delay, but the term will still run (probably extended a couple of weeks into the summer).  I'm a current student and staff member at York, so if you have any more specific questions, I might be able to help you.

It was January I was planning on starting in. I wouldn't mind a couple-week delay, but I don't want to get into a situation where I've received and paid out my OSAP only to have the term cancelled or something annoying like that.

Thanks for the help! If I have any questions I'll pass 'em along.

Back