• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ship AOPS

To reply to early posts.....and stir the pot! :)

This would take out the AOPS!

Crew of Russian Navy and Spetnaz (they serve dinner!)

Rumored to have more than just LRAD and a missile detection system. May have an active system too like missiles. Plus enough small arms to invade a small island. :)

A squadron of these would take that out.
mtb_uss_pt117.jpg

Just modernize the design with a steel hull, radar that actually works, a 25mm Bushmaster on the bow and make a roll-off launcher for the Mk 48 torpedo.

A Mk.48? 😳

I think a 54 is as big as a PT boat could carry

The Aussies have launched their OPV recently, interesting is the classes it replace, with a significant size increase. I do like the stern launch options. Mind you at 1,600 tons it's sort of inbetween our MCDV's and AOP's

The Aussies have launched their OPV recently, interesting is the classes it replace, with a significant size increase. I do like the stern launch options. Mind you at 1,600 tons it's sort of inbetween our MCDV's and AOP's
Such a South Pacific ship design. I really like that ship though. Some interesting thoughts went into it, most will be posted up north to keep an eye on the colonies.... errr smaller islands in Australia's protectorate.

I'm still partial to the Braunschweig corvette, with an enlarged hangar for a Cyclone.

Some problems with that ship already (40mm main gun cancelled):

Can I get a shout out for the Bison?

I was actually a fan of the Bison; IIRC they faired pretty well in Somalia (thinking of a pic of one I remember seeing that had a mine strike....).

It was a pretty good mud recce rig. I never really wanted the 25mm, I'd of rathered really good comms and a few TOWs.

Back