• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are There Reserved Parking Spaces on Canadian Bases ?

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
There are on US bases.

https://www.stripes.com/news/airman-praised-after-parking-in-wing-commander-s-space-at-e-club-1.535692

image.jpg

Yes;  at the hanger I work out of, the Sqn Exec's all have designated spots (MWO and CWOs, and Major's and above basically).  We also maintain designated spots for the Wing Commander and Wing CWO. 

Yes. I can't think of a unit or base that doesn't has designated parking for the senior appointments (CO, XO Coxn).

Remius said:
Looks like that CO made a good call on that.

Well, he probably drew on his experience with parking lot space allocation when he was, as a 2Lt, (according to his bio)
"July 1992 - December 1992, Officer in Charge of Tailgates at Falcon Stadium, US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo."

While he rightly took no action against the airman who left a vehicle in an unmarked space, I wonder if he had any words with the idiot who installed a sign at the spot when it was clearly evident that it was already occupied.  Hopefully, it was not someone on his staff, like his Command Chief, who made such a dumb move.

Based on USAF promotions I think the wing commander will get a star after his command tour or maybe before.

tomahawk6 said:
There are on US bases.

https://www.stripes.com/news/airman-praised-after-parking-in-wing-commander-s-space-at-e-club-1.535692

image.jpg

That story has a nice feel good ending and the wing commander gets to look like a nice guy solving problems but blocking that car in in the first place was a dick move.

Of course US Px's have reserved spots for handicapped, expectant mothers, and General / Flag Officers.  The GOFO spots are closer to the entrance than the Mother's....

One thing I found amazing at US bases is they have designated spots for wounded and families of the fallen

I once interpreted "General Officers" on a US base as "Officers in General"!  We had a good chuckle...

I get that COs and WComd have assigned parking at their workplace (and not at every unit on the Wing... This is a waste), but anybody else, I disagree... Want a parking spot close to the door?  Come in earlier than I do.

putz said:
One thing I found amazing at US bases is they have designated spots for wounded and families of the fallen

1 PPCLI has (or at least had) “Wounded Warrior” reserved parking stalls right in front on the building next to the CO and RSM parking. I thought it was a great initiative.

kratz said:
Yes. I can't think of a unit or base that doesn't has designated parking for the senior appointments (CO, XO Coxn).

I can think of several, but they are in Ottawa -- parking in the NCR is a bit of a blood sport, and even CO's and GOFO's take the bus.

I do remember a Battalion CO that never took a car to work but nevertheless had a designated parking spot that was therefore never used. I guess having a CO's parking spot can be out of tradition as much as practicality,

Mike63 said:
You Al had a reserved spot?  Where are you at now?

Mike

Just leaving the school.  Was SSM 2 Sqn. Heading to CFJOSG as the CCO in a little over a week.

SSM 2 Sqn...of 2 Sig Sqn? Do you know of Ray Heppenstall who was SSM 2Sqn c. 1966? I was attached/posted to 2 Sqn when they were on ex in Gagetown. I also remember a Sgt Humphrey who was Tpt NCO.

No. I was SSM 2 Sqn at CFSCE (the Sigs School). 1966 was a bit before my time in uniform.

In the Airborne Regiment, the CO's Secretary had a parking spot.  She didn't drive, so I talked to her, then talked to the Adjt... I got a designated parking spot.
The guy I replaced saw the sign, and said "WTF?!!"  I said that the CO obviously appreciated what I brought to the Regt.  :stirpot:

Back