• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armoured Soldier Questions

One thing I have always wondered: Why do armoured soldier in the CF not have a dedicated crewman helmet like every other modern army?

SevenSixTwo said:
One thing I have always wondered: Why do armoured soldier in the CF not have a dedicated crewman helmet like every other modern army?

We did, actually we had two.

The first one was your beret the second was the POS crew helmet that looks like US crew helmet.

Regards

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
.............the second was the POS crew helmet that looks like US crew helmet.

It wasn't a POS when it was in good working order.  It, however, was for the legacy equipment, and most important, was not kevlar.  Today, vehicle headsets fit under the kevlar helmet that all CF members wear.  Some may comment that this system is a POS as well, due to improper fit, etc.  You will never be able to satisfy everyone.  Perhaps we will get another POS to replace it too.......  >:D

going back 8-ch,,, princess L loved my carrot's and apple's.
just saying. last i heard she was retired down at Rad's...
Scoty B

Hey, guys! I just had a few questions about the training and such, just basics. I've recently been looking at enlisting as soon as I graduate from high school (Grade 12), and I want to do full time, working with armored vehicles.

My questions are as followed:

1. My grades haven't exactly been on par from grade 11 to this year, so I'm probably down to a 65+ average. Will this affect me in anyway, and if so, how? If I do manage to get in, what skills will I need in the Armored Corps, and how well will I need to know them? (i.e. math, calculations, etc.) What do I need to ace on the CFAT in order to get accepted into this position?

2. How difficult is the training itself after basics? What should I be worried about messing up? Which operating position of the vehicle is the hardest?

3. Will I be able to choose my regiment? I REALLY want to work with the Leopard C2, and the Strathcona's Horse regiment in general.

----

That's all for now. If you have any other information to add on top of that, or any answers to more important questions, feel free to share!

P.S. First post!

Doydel Dog said:
.... If you have any other information to add on top of that, or any answers to more important questions, feel free to share! ....
Only that there's already loads of stuff all over the boards here (including before your post on this thread) - search, read and learn.

Back