• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Chat [merged]

Then slap an "R" rating on the room, and limit the kids to the cadet forum... They won't see anything in the chat that isn't available to them multiplied tenfold on basic cable....  scan MuchMusic lately?

Thats not the purpose of the chat room....if you want to trash talk go to yahoo.

Yes, that's exactly what I said "release the hounds! poo, fart, peepee!!!"

Just follow Mike's Guidelines as he posted above and you won't need to worry.

Consider this scenario:

1.  Mike Bobbitt creates army.ca with a chat room
2.  A member comes in and start talking trash and sexual innuendo
3.  Young person (perhaps no age in profile, so who knows) sits reading that content
4.  Young person's mother looks over shoulder and is offended that a site open to young Susie/Johnie has such content openly accessible to her offspring - and no 'agreement to use' criteria is going to be upheld when a minor made such decisions
5.  Mother calls lawyer or RCMP
6.  Mike Bobbitt gets served papers or arrested
7.  Army.ca disappears

Minor risk? - probably. 
Serious consequences (to army.ca) if it happens? - YES.

Is it worth that risk? - Not to those who wish to see army.ca continue.

I blame Card 11

She's always talking about breasts..  because she raising money for breast cancer.
And when she's done about that, its Brokeback Mountain and how we should see it.
Finally, she been talking about being married to Camochick, which ultimately leads to
lesbian discussion. 

I really am quite disgusted with chat myself and plan not to frequent it again
until this filth is cleaned up.

:p

Firstly, I have been guilty as charged however, in my defence, I usually chat in an adult context when it is fairly late at night. Since Mike says clean it up I will. Roger that.

Secondly, Trinity whats with slamming Camo and Card? I am unsure if you meant it as a  joke or as some kind of example. I enjoy both of their comments.

We are as Kat pointed out adults and I have even mentioned breasts in front of my children now and then...usually in the context of, please pass the chicken breasts. However the mention of female breast is not a bad thing particular with Camo and Card's goal of raising money for cancer research.  :salute:

Chimo said:
Firstly, I have been guilty as charged however, in my defence, I usually chat in an adult context when it is fairly late at night. Since Mike says clean it up I will. Roger that.

I'll second that one.

I believe my comment was the straw that broke the camels back, as old medic can probably attest to.

My apologies.

Chimo said:
Secondly, Trinity whats with slamming Camo and Card? I am unsure if you meant it as a  joke or as some kind of example. I enjoy both of their comments.

Yeah.. it was a total joke.. although it looked serious, thats why i put the  :p.

In fact, the irony of the post is I am responsible for the three items raised, not card.

But now that Shortbus has taken responsiblity, I am perfectly happy to shift the blame to him.  :p

The chatroom is spooky.

I entered and everyone began talking in german...damn you profile!

I'm not sure whether to be offended or thankful.

:cdn:

Talking in German? We started that before you came in. Just one of those silly "Hey who speaks this" things. A lot of the people in there were finished work so to speak and weren't up to chatting about the day job after hours.

mea culpa, mea culpa, mea frickin' culpa.

of speaking German in the chat...I did that.

The problem with the chat, is that some of us frequent it too much. And we start to view it as the mess...We save the more serious stuff for the forums. Not that it means that we don't discuss some serious issues in there, but it's the same people a lot of the time.

I do second the statement of it being Card's fault...and Shortbus's...and mine...and definitely Trinity and HoM too....wow....we're all horrible human beings

Des your confusing our bad behavior with your bad humanity...remember though I have been told that people hate me, you have been called a horrible human being :D

Wow I escaped blame for once!

Sig_Des said:
The problem with the chat, is that some of us frequent it too much. And we start to view it as the mess...We save the more serious stuff for the forums. Not that it means that we don't discuss some serious issues in there, but it's the same people a lot of the time.

I do second the statement of it being Card's fault...and Shortbus's...and mine...and definitely Trinity and HoM too....wow....we're all horrible human beings

I have to agree with you there. I think part of it is some of us are there quite often and feel we are hanging out with friends, which can cause things to get carried away. Also, I do have to own up to my share of the behaviour. Mike, I apologize for it. I do respect your site, and your rules.

Ok, I guess I can take part of the credit for the debauchery. Mike I love the site and totally didnt mean any disrespect. :-*

We'll keep it clean from now on :)

Thanks... It's not a "big" issue but I generally don't like to wait until it gets to that point, so a I'm hoping that a gentle reminder will do the trick. It sounds like that's probably going to work just fine.

I'm not trying to suck the fun out of the chat room, just trying to make sure we have a chat room for your kids to frequent some day. ;)

Cheers
Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
just trying to make sure we have a chat room for your kids to frequent some day. ;)

I dunno...

I think we can all agree.. I shouldn't reproduce!?!!!  ;)

Sig_Des said:
How the heck did my name manage to be left off the list here? Perhaps I hid too well behind HorM's unused BEWs??

I apologize Mike. I am the worst offender.

armyvern said:
How the heck did my name manage to be left off the list here?
I agree Vern. I feel slighted too.  :'(  I guess it's 'cause we're too sweet & innocent.

The obvious way to clean up the chat room is to ban the Padre. Or better yet, perhaps keep him in there, but don't let him speak - - that way we can continue to mock him, but he can't ratchet up the inappropriate behaviour, only to blame his actions on Card/Camo.

( Is this the "just kidding" icon? --->  :p  )

Back