• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Meeting & Greeting in Toronto

Missed the last GO train, which was supposedly at 00:43 -- anyone remember what time I left, I can't  :eek:
I should have crawled back to the pub instead of tossing myself into a cab... I'm getting a room next time!  ;)

It was great meeting all of you...hard to concentrate on work today, I just keep remembering stuff and nobody know's WTF I'm laughing about.  Some of those pics should be hilarious, especially the one of Tess dancing with Danjanou  ;D

D2

Where's my dang WANNABE pin ??????

Danjanou said:
Hey Moe I didn't choose it, all the other places close at 2:00 8)

I'm not blaming you....unless you have some control over when the bars close...... ;)  Thanks for making the booking and doing the recce (that must have been hard!!).  ;D

To all those who took pictures, a good idea may be to post them on photobucket.com and then post a link here.  You just have to make sure you make the album public on the photobucket settings.
http://photobucket.com/

PMedMoe said:
Can't wait for the next one!!  My only beef is that the bars in TO close too early!
I smell a road trip  8)
Here's an idea, we take the next one to Montréal, last call at 03:00 hrs and the ToRN can join us (that is if that female officer is still talking to him  ;)

D Squared said:
I smell a road trip  8)
Here's an idea, we take the next one to Montréal, last call at 03:00 hrs and the ToRN can join us (that is if that female officer is still talking to him  ;)

Hey!! This Saturday sounds good for Montreal...I didn't even get lost driving through it yesterday to get back here to Saint-Jean!!  ;D

I'm soooooo proud!!

Anytime after the beginning of June sounds good to me for Montreal.  ;D I'm on BMQ beginning in May, so I "should" start getting some free weekends come June sometime.

D Squared said:
1st one to post pix gets a free TESS garter!  >:D

It's OK ... I already have a garter!!  ;D

Can't post my pics until I get back off course unfortunately; then again ... some will never be posted!! 

The Librarian said:
Hey!! This Saturday sounds good for Montreal...I didn't even get lost driving through it yesterday to get back here to Saint-Jean!!  ;D

I'm soooooo proud!!
Good for you Vern!  I know lots of Montrealers who couldn't manage that.
We can pick up PMedMoe and Journeyman on the way!  ;D
And tess can sell his bracelets to those that speak the other official language!

The Librarian said:
It's OK ... I already have a garter!!  ;D

Can't post my pics until I get back off course unfortunately; then again ... some will never be posted!!  
You may be safe Sapper  ;D

D Squared said:
Good for you Vern!  I know lots of Montrealers who couldn't manage that.
We can pick up PMedMoe and Journeyman on the way!  ;D
And tess can sell his bracelets to those that speak the other official language!

Well, I was planning on going home this weekend but........ ::)

The Librarian said:

I'm soooooo proud!!

Good for you, and while I'm at it good for getting into downtown TO and finding a parking spot. My wife works in a downtown hospital and parking is their biggest issue.

Speaking as a Martimer living in the big smoke (TO) who does his annual pilgrimage down home.....
I long time ago gave up on Montreal's Metropolitan Autoroute 40, just too crazy!

We sneak off onto Hwy 20 towards Dorval/ Trudeau Airport and then take Mercier bridge across to the south shore. Then it's Hwy 30 straight across to get back on Route 20.

Somewheres along 30 you could break off to St.Jean.

Au revoir et bonne chance  :D

Baden  Guy said:
Good for you, and while I'm at it good for getting into downtown TO and finding a parking spot. My wife works in a downtown hospital and parking is their biggest issue.

Speaking as a Martimer living in the big smoke (TO) who does his annual pilgrimage down home.....
I long time ago gave up on Montreal's Metropolitan Autoroute 40, just too crazy!

We sneak off onto Hwy 20 towards Dorval/ Trudeau Airport and then take Mercier bridge across to the south shore. Then it's Hwy 30 straight across to get back on Route 20.

Somewheres along 30 you could break off to St.Jean.

Au revoir et bonne chance  :D

Close!! I managed to pull off the 20 est and crossed over the Champlain Bridge instead, then onto the 10 est to the 35 sud. I think I did OK. Departed TO at 1130hrs and was in my room here in Saint-Jean snoozing by 1630hrs. It's all Tess', Danjanou's and JM's fault for keeping me out until 0400hrs.

Just spoke to my bodygard (Debbie) who wants to know if anyone was able to secure the recipe for the oh-so-healthy deep-fried pepperoni.  She wants exclusive rights to any pictures she appears in AND would really like to know if it's worth pursuing Swifter as a new piece of equipment for all helicopters.

Now all of you are hardening my idea of a mainland visit this summer  >:D

Journeyman said:
You may be safe Sapper  ;D

Uh-huh, could get ugly real fast!  May need MM to apply bandage to sucking chest wound and Loachman to fly the medevac while fading in and out listening to my fire-team partner Journeyman telling me, "Hang in there diver" while reminiscing about college stories and chickiepoos with the see-through blouses that are a little crazy....fading, fading....it's all black now.

S6

p.s. Toronto M&G - it didn't really happen, did it?  If no pictures surface, then you were never really there, right?

Sapper6 said:
Toronto M&G - it didn't really happen, did it?  If no pictures surface, then you were never really there, right?
Did I miss the Toronto M&G...I can't BELIEVE it, and I had it pencilled-in and everything.
My stomach still hurts (and I didn't even touch the pepperoni) :-\
Sapper, thanks for the advice.  It was really cool meeting you!
D2
(obviously not a physical attribute) :crybaby:

Back