• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Ottawa Chapter

It went well last night picking up NavyMich from the airport.  We saw Fortissimo 2006 and it was fantastic.  I would recommend it highly!  We all went to dinner afterwards (NavyMich, Sig_Des, Valerie(Sig_Des GF), My Wife & I).  NavyMich can really blush.  Sig_Des really has a girlfriend, and she is beautiful to boot. 

Today NavyMich, Rice0031, Sig_Des, Valerie, HitorMrs, HitorMissjr, my wife and I all got together for a bar-b-que.  Let me start off by saying  151    NavyMich  1    Sig_Des  0

enough said on that subject.  There was a lot of talking eating and much drinking.  TMM sent a bottle of Slivovitz that had a few of us doing shots!  We had a surprise phone call from the sandbox from our beloved brother HitorMiss.  Even though the phone call was only a few minutes long and to his wife, it was good to know that he is safe and well!

Much too soon the party broke up.  HitorMrs had to get back to Pet.  We had to get Sig_Des to YOW to make a flight to Gagetown.  But it was good!  Photo's might be posted.

John,

thanks much for hosting the BBQ. It was excellent, the steaks were delicious, and the time was good.

NavyMich: I need to get me some 151
HitorMrs: I think your "squaberry strawres" might have possibly beaten the cookies :P
See you all next time.

4 Photos posted to the board:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=23874

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=23864

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=23868

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=23871

Nice to see you lot enjoyed yourself! Hope you had some shots for the rest of us.

Right....so here I am, posting from Sunny (HA!) Gag-town, sitting in a lab, watching a bunch of blinking lights on the servers.

BBJ, Thank you so much to your wife and yourself for the hospitality...It was a lot of fun, if a bit messy! The flight went great, end I ended up drinking for a couple of hours on a layover in Montreal.

Mich, I will admit, definitely beat me on the 151....but I want round 2 when I get back!

Anyway, back to looking like I'm working!

Sig_Des said:
Mich, I will admit, definitely beat me on the 151....but I want round 2 when I get back!

Always wondered why the losers suddenly want it to be 2 out of 3, then 3 out of 5, 5 out of 7, etc., etc.  ;D

GAP said:
Always wondered why the losers suddenly want it to be 2 out of 3, then 3 out of 5, 5 out of 7, etc., etc.   ;D

Well, there is still a half a bottle of Lambs 151 left. Round 2 is just an excuse to finish it

Sig_Des said:
Well, there is still a half a bottle of Lambs 151 left. Round 2 is just an excuse to finish it

you need an excuse? It's not dead....reason enough...  ;D

Lamb's Navy Rum! Back in the world, I have a 40 pounder of that stuff, from my 2004 visit to Saskatchewan. Never cracked it, but if I could now I would. I am a long ways from that bottle.

Anyways, it looks like everyone had a good time. Hope there was not too many sunken eyes in the moring after.

My next drink will be ozo on Santorini at Christmas.

Cheers,

Wes

Sig_Des said:

Don't forget their still 3/4 s or more of the slivovitz!

big bad john said:
Don't forget there's still 3/4 s or more of the slivovitz!

Well if that's the evil TMM's doing, drag her up to Ottawa and let her help kill it!  ;)

Geesh JM that edumacatin helped you figure that out? :D

I'm in if I can get a lift from say, Kingston!

TMM said:
I'm in if I can get a lift from say, Kingston!

What did I tell you? "Evil." Trying to drag even more innocents down the path of slivo....as if the original victims weren't enough

;D

JM, no way are you innocent to the ways of Slivo/Rakia - I've read your profile!

Okay, my turn.

BBJ (and the Mrs too): thank you very much for your hospitality.  Don't know where to start to list it all off, so I'll just say THANK YOU.  :D

HoMrs: great to meet you and the little one.  And yes, the strawberry squares were great!

Rice: the cookies were awesome too.  And it's nice to see that you're never too young to be corrupted by 151!

Des: not sure where to start.  First, for everyone else, yes, his gf is real (I even stuck a pin in her to prove it....lol).  It was great to finally meet you Des, and of course to partake in our long-talked-about 151 challenge.  I am more then ready for round 2.  The question is....are you??  8)

As for that round 2, date and time TBA.  More participants (or at least witnesses) are welcome.

Hey NavyMich..

Any luck with getting that video posted? I was on the Gun Race Team this year and was in the performance you saw. I don't have a lot of video footage of our races because I'm too busy in the race! Would love to see what the spectators got to see!

Take care,

Thank you for the reminder Munner.  Yes, I do have the video.  Please excuse the shakiness of it as it was taken on just my digital camera and the crowd behind wasn't good for not bumping me.  Enjoy!

I wanted too go sit and watch all the Performances on each of those days, unfortunately  :(  I was part of 1 Platoon, so we had to perform the Honour Guard each night  :salute: , which was cool in and of itself, I could only watch the Gun Race Team and the Silent Drill Team from the top of Center Block.  We all watched them rehearse and knew what to expect, but it was still impressive  :).

YouTube finally has the 'official' video that CG put together of the silent drill team. Video quality is decent, and the sound is in sync.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ol43FzNvE

It's not always easy to tell due to video quality. The drill sequence was as such: (unless otherwise stated, all movements are performed on the march)

Slow march out,
Change into quick march,
About turn,
Marched in and presented arms,
About turn,
Marched back out,
'Outwards turn' into an X
Marched otuwards in an X
Recover arms,
About turn back inwards,
Shoulder arms, 'outwards turn' into two halves,
Port arms,
Shoulder arms,
About turn,
Fire a volley,
Shoulder Arms,
(at this point the two halves cross through each other)
Fix bayonets,
Shoulder arms,
About turn,
Order arms (trail arms?)
Shoulder arms
(cross back through to reform the block)
Advance turn and march towards the podium,
Present arms into a halt.

Then we shouldered arms and marched off. All in all it was a fun routine to work on. Too bad there's no video with greater definition.

Back