• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

What years were you there Mike, God I hated the Pizza hut shack thing they had it never tasted right

I was never a Registered Student at Acadia though I was lucky enough to attend some lectures, and the classes I missed were High school ones ( all my friends however were students), since I never did bother to take Highschool seriously till I need my Grade 12 to join up LOL

I was there from 91-96, started as a student ended up working full time in the computer centre there. Sounds like you were there after that... there was no Pizza Hut in my day, just a "pizza rotisserie" of slices on a heat rack. You could tell the age by holding a piece by the crust... If if drooped (rare) it was fresh. If it stayed level, it was old. Ah, the good old days... ;)

Mike

Is there a reason that I have lost the site twice in the last half hour?  I have lost a couple of posts due to the fact that I could not find the Server and I had to head back to the Main Page.  It has been down for approx two minutes each time.

It has been the usual "Cannot find Server" error message. 

(Do we get to blame Ma Bell for this?)

I did 2 reboots to install a new kernel and they caused the 2 minute outages. The system is slow after a reboot because it has to catch up with a deluge of requests. Should be OK now. :)

All,

From about 0230 ET to 0830 ET, Army.ca was unavailable. It has been brought back online and I am currently investigating the root cause, which appears to be a system crash.

Cheers
Mike

Sorry

It was my fault.

I was arguing with a troll....

Not only did I waste valuable bandwidth, the stupidity coming from the post
MUST HAVE irritated the server so much it decided to shut down for my benefit
so I would go to bed instead of staying  up all night arguing with said troll.

I promise not to argue with trolls again.

Sorry

It was my fault.

I was arguing with a troll....
I promise not to argue with trolls again.
It's a sin to lie!!! tsk tsk :D

A viable theory! The filesystem turned "read only" so maybe the server was being fussy about the type of posts it wanted to accept. ;)

Well, a few of us had to go on quite a posting run to shut down the trolls. Where were you Boss? Nevermind, take today off too!

Mike Bobbitt said:
A viable theory! The filesystem turned "read only" so maybe the server was being fussy about the type of posts it wanted to accept. ;)

Did your HDD's check out? 

Yep, we're back to a "consistent" state again... until the next one. ;)

All,

You may have noticed that our server has been at times slow, or even unavailable over the past few days (mostly in the mornings). This morning, Army.ca was offline for a few hours while I attempted to troubleshoot the source of the problem. I believe I've found the issue, and have taken steps to reduce the problem, so hopefully Army.ca will continue to be available as we've come to expect.

Thanks for your patience.
Mike

Slow on my end today as well. However, could very well be problems with my work server again.

yeah, it seems to be jugging along a little slow, takeing about 10-15 seconds to load a page. Normal time is 2-3 seconds.

Odd, the server load is actually lower than normal. ???

Back