• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Centurian1985 said:
Have a question though - is there a secondary site where, if Army.ca is not working we can go to it and it would have a statement like 'System down, try again on Monday' (or whatever)?  Or is something like this already in place?

Apparently troops.ca... seems many see it as the emergency army.ca broadcast system.

Or as one person put it,

If Army.ca is Cocaine, troops.ca is poor mans crack

I'll keep that in mind next time and see if I can post updates on troops.ca. Of course, there will be no "next time." ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
I'll keep that in mind next time and see if I can post updates on troops.ca. Of course, there will be no "next time." ;)

MISTER Bobbitt,

It has been decreed that should this happen 666 more times, the following will take place.

You shall be stripped to a thong, lashed to a 12 pounder with crepe streamers, holding a 40 pounder in your left hand. (You will not be able to reach it because of the crepe), and

You shall be given 30 lashes with a Cat-O-Nine Noodles, wielded by the Librarian who shall be dressed in black lingerie with black knee high boots(including spurs).

Following this, there will be one hell of a party if/when you get the bigger drive.

Court adjourned with many thanks for what you do for us.    :salute:

Drummy

Mike Bobbitt said:

You mean I will have to go to that site  ::)

Drummy said:
MISTER Bobbitt,

It has been decreed that should this happen 666 more times, the following will take place.

You shall be stripped to a thong, lashed to a 12 pounder with crepe streamers, holding a 40 pounder in your left hand. (You will not be able to reach it because of the crepe), and

You shall be given 30 lashes with a Cat-O-Nine Noodles, wielded by the Librarian who shall be dressed in black lingerie with black knee high boots(including spurs).

Following this, there will be one hell of a party if/when you get the bigger drive.

Court adjourned with many thanks for what you do for us.    :salute:

Drummy

So, just another Happy Hour?

So, just another Happy Hour?

Don't think so. I beleive that most, if not all, would get to Ottawa to see the Librarian.  ;D

Drummy

Finally the shakes are stopping......
I never realized how hooked I was to this site... ;D

warspite said:
It's sad we had to find out this way, huh  :D

warspite said:

Same here, It was hard trying to find something to do during the mornings and late at night  ;D

This is the second time today, (Privious was around 1000) that the site speed has been slow.  I noticed a sudden increase in new registrations this time.

You can't

Troops.ca is now down.

Where do we all go now?  Military Wives net ?  ;D
[me=Trinity]duck and cover[/me]

Alright, the new hard drive has arrived. I will likely install it this weekend, so we'll be looking at some down time. If I get ambitious I may use this opportunity to re-install the entire server from scratch - that's a big job so I'm not sure I'm up for it. If it does happen, we'll likely be down most of the weekend.

I'll try to keep everyone's addictions in mind as I work. ;)

Cheers
Mike

Ooops. Messed up the order when I moved my post to the correct thread. Either that or Trinity has a divine way of knowing what I was about to post.

Whoa there sunshine.....I'm on nights all weekend and two weeks into "Dry January" ........ go off the air at your peril. :brickwall:

Mike Bobbitt said:
Ooops. Messed up the order when I moved my post to the correct thread. Either that or Trinity has a divine way of knowing what I was about to post.

shhhhhhhhhh

Don't let my secrets out!  ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Alright, the new hard drive has arrived. I will likely install it this weekend, so we'll be looking at some down time. If I get ambitious I may use this opportunity to re-install the entire server from scratch - that's a big job so I'm not sure I'm up for it. If it does happen, we'll likely be down most of the weekend.

Cheers
Mike

Perfect...I'm going to Bangor for the weekend so I won't miss anything lol ;D

.......ummmmm? ..........................Without Army.ca..........................What is "Quality Time"?

Mike Bobbitt said:

Cheers
Mike

Please tell me that this is your idea of a very cruel joke!! I'm addicted!! I'm an insomniac!! I'm IR posted!! On Saturday I could shop!! In PEI, we don't have Sunday shopping!! Ohhh, I feel an aneurysm coming on.

Can't you at least wait until I go home for a weekend to do upgrade work on this site?? At least there I have competition from the 2 little chicklet rug-rats for quality computer time. Alas, whatever shall I do with myself for a whole (and only partially shoppable) weekend??

Back