• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Mike Bobbitt said:
Unfortunately not, it's a hard stop, we just run out of memory and the server is already maxed out, we can't add any more. It seems to be a rare problem though...
w00t

New Server Fund raising Drive........

How much do we need?

More visitors are going to be coming into the site, as the link to our topic on "Rick Mercer Fights Back!" is being passed around the internet.  I just got it in an email.

Not to mention 'the mention' in the RHFC_Piper getting his new bagpipe story.....

Ok I just posted a minute ago and the site went all weird on me again.   :'(  Perhaps the internet god/gods who favour this site are not happy. I will subscribe to this site as an offering to said god/gods and hope they will cease tormenting me.

neko said:
Ok I just posted a minute ago and the site went all weird on me again.   :'(  Perhaps the internet god/gods who favour this site are not happy. I will subscribe to this site as an offering to said god/gods and hope they will cease tormenting me.

You have just under six hours to get in on the Draw for a Gift Certificate.

Well I have just subscribed, I have no idea how long it will take to go through though.  Gift certificate for what?
Ignore the question, I'll look for myself.

Don't worry, you made the cut... you're one of 11 in tomorrow's draw. Good luck... and thanks!

I've been meaning to subscribe for a while now as I spend so much of my time online here, this is a great site and I'm happy to contribute even in a small way. Thank you for running it.

Hmmm 1 of 11, those are pretty good odds, maybe my procrastination (in subscribing) will pay off.

neko said:
as I spend so much of my time online here
Really, see this link http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/39607.105.html  ;D now you will really know how much you have spent  ;D

Michael Baker said:
Really, see this link http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/39607.105.html  ;D now you will really know how much you have spent  ;D

Well that proves that I'm not an addict even though I come here nearly every day.

Another evening with fluctuating speeds.  Doesn't seem to be that many over 300 on the site at one time.

It seems somewhat weird;  accessing the site seems the longest delay; but once Im in, Im in...  and I don't cache all that much I dont think.... Firefox is pretty good at that...

The site speed always seems increadibly slow...  I've got a 20Mbit connection and a 3+Ghz machine... so it's not me. And I post when you're all tucked nicely up in bed... dreaming of ponies, Keira Knightley and how you will win that medal for the glory of Canada...

Are my wiggly amps being held up by some transatlantic security????  do the have to take their shoes off before their journey to Mike's server?

Honestly... it always happens on posting... 5 minutes... enough time for 3 smokes and a ****.  (you might think that my missus is unlucky... but she doesn't)

Balldricks,

Going back over some of your posts, it seems that you are also in the habit of coming on-line when the site's doing it's back-up!! I think Mike's got the back-up scheduled to run then precisely because we (well most of us) are snuggled up in bed nicely.

Vern

Ah.....  well I wouldn't want to get the sites' back up... I always wanted to be loved.

Thanks for the reply... that makes sense... although my picture of my coms going through airport security amused me more

I was going to ask you to post a pic of them with their shoes off.

airport_security_1.gif

Yeah, sorry folks... Not much I could do, I tried a few server restarts but no luck. I think we just have to ride it out. :(

Back