• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Hey Mike, just here to stay you do a great job at keeping the site up. Bravo Zulu to ya b'y. Take er easy.

:cheers:

I heart Army.ca.
Mike, you're the man, keep this site running and I promise I'll be an addict to it for ever.

I guess that makes Mike my dealer.

Rice0031 said:
I guess that makes Mike my dealer.
Hey, that is where I get mine  :threat: The site is very fast for me today, not use to this type of speed  ;)

Mike don't know if the problem is at my end or yours but I've been having problems accessing the site today.

Nfld Sapper said:
Mike don't know if the problem is at my end or yours but I've been having problems accessing the site today.
I have had trouble all day too. Good thing it is back for the time being  ;D

It's been too late for me.... I just drove the wife crazy. Gee..I even cleaned the garage.

Pulling a Miss Spears. Realized I needed Army.ca detox at 1600hrs. Just checked myself out!!

Now how much can I sell my hair for on E-bay?  >:D

Army.ca is taking FOREVER to load, if it does at all. This has been going on for days. Can't seem to find an email link for the administrator of this site either. Design could be better. I am at the point that I am about to give up on army.ca due to the frustration.....

Hopefully the site administrator will read this, and rectify this issue. 

Hmmm....working fine all day here.

Could possibly be your provider?

I was having issues for a short bit there, but now everything is flying again!

Hi Northernguardian,

Bottom line: there are problems. At times the site crawls to a halt, unfortunately, but the hope is that it doesn't happen too often. I'm aware of the cause but it boils down to heavy usage so there's not much I can do about it in the near term.

If you select "Feedback" from the admin menu up top you'll see the general contact e-mail address. Messages are sent to me, but I am several days behind right now so please be patient if you send a message. I'm always open to design feedback if you have any specifics you'd like to share. I'm even more open to volunteerism. ;)

Cheers
Mike

Folks,

Some good news. I was able to upgrade the BIOS of our server so it can now handle more than the 2Gb of RAM we currently have. I have already purchased replacement memory which will bring us up to 3Gb and hope to install that late this week once it arrives.

I'm confident that this will resolve much of the site slowdown we have been seeing lately.

Thanks again to our subscribers who made this upgrade possible.

Cheers
Mike

Back