• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Well Rerpresented on CFRB

Blindspot

Reaction score
Did any one in the GTA catch the Bill Carroll show on CFRB 1010 today? He interviewed a Warrant Officer from The Q Y Rang. The CF was well represented IMO. Bill Carroll was thoroughly impressed. If I was at home, I would've recorded it. Great job!  :salute:

I caught something on the radio today on the bus to Toronto. Was the soldier preparing to go to afghanistan by any chance? That's all I heard, not sure if it was the same programme.

The interview, I believe, was to provide information to help the public understand reservists.

Some highlights that I can recall are (paraphrasing of course):

Just looking at you, you're obvioulsy very fit, do you have to take an annual fitness test?
Why did you join the Reserves?
Have you been on any tours?
Can you be called up and shipped off to Afghanistan?
Why do you want to go to Afghanistan?
How does your family feel about you wanting to go to Afghanistan?
What are the steps that a reservist must pass to go to Afghanistan?

The WO answered with the same information you could find here on Army.ca and he was well-spoken and very positive throughout the interview.

After the interview, Bill Carroll was enamoured with him, talking about if the listeners could see the expression on his face and in his eyes, the discipline of his well-kept uniform, they might be as proud as he was of this defender of our nation. I got chills up my spine actually hearing someone supporting the CF with such words. Bill Carroll definately gets an A+ for wanting to understand and not holding back on his positive feelings.

S.Smith said:
I caught something on the radio today on the bus to Toronto. Was the soldier preparing to go to afghanistan by any chance? That's all I heard, not sure if it was the same programme.

Well, I'm not sure. He said he applied but he wouldn't commit to a timeframe probably because of opsec. He gave, understandably, what sounded like a prepared, legalese answer.

Back