• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aspiring to do med work: Should I wait, or apply now?

JackieGirl

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm will be graduating high school soon, and have started seriously considering being a part of the medical Reserves.

It's going to take me a year to get everything I need, however. (Class five drivers, and chem). According to what I was told at the recruiting center, it can take between two months to a year for an application to go through. I should have asked at the time, but everything was really rushed. I was handed an application form, and have a good portion of it filled out. I just have yet to send it in.

So, in the opinion of those on the forum, should I apply to the forces, or wait until I have the qualifications to join?

-I use the search engine, by the way. Sorry if I missed something and am re-posting needlessly.

-Jackie

We will not allow you to apply for a trade for which you do not yet qualify, regardless of the length of the Recruiting process, as we have no guarantee that you will get the pre-requisites.

Otis
Mentor

I started my application for Reg Force Med Tech on Aug 2009 without my Biology. I completed my CFAT and Medical before I had my Biology done. They also processed my enhanced security check while I was getting the prerequisites. I start BMQ Aug 02 almost one year from when I applied.

So continue your application, you just wont be able to do your interview without the prerequisites. Good luck!

Back