• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

As I've gently indicated above, I'm pretty much done with the thread.

What I will say to you is that I don't see your point here.

It is - as I've said more than once - not my specific area of expertise. You seem to think that that fact should preclude my noticing the alarming fact that it also doesn't appear to be a particular strength of the former Director of the USSS either.

If no one who wasn't also in that business was allowed to notice that she was - at best - incompetent, then she would very likely still be in a job today and still endangering the proper functioning of democracy in the USA.
I think the Director was dancing on the head of a pin. Rather poorly at that. She either didnt have the information or is trying to avoid saying anything incriminating or accusatory. Im sure theres a report/audit being done, but has it been completed yet?

Keep in mind that an open hearing the Director is very restrained in what can be said - as a number of things regarding to security zones are classified.

There are several investigations being done.

I can boil down a few issues I am aware of.

1) Send an advance team that has knowledge of Protective Operations (At least 1 agent with PPD experience and 1 CS member) for POTUS there is an SOP on that of X (I can't say) days of X many personnel (and their qualifications).
The positioning of the venue was very poorly done - and the podium and bleachers could have been easily altered to protect from several of the potential threat areas.

2) Do not let the SAC of the local Field Office conduct the Advance if they have no knowledge of PPD requirements. Also don't let that same SAC accept the local LE recommendation not to occupy the roof.

3) Fmr. President Trump's campaign should pay their security bills for the previous events where they are reported deadbeats -- I am guessing that few local agencies want to sent folks out to work overtime if they aren't being reimbursed.

A lot of these issues occur because the security for a Former President was never expecting someone like DJT - most go off and have fairly quiet lives - where they do some travel and some venues - but never before has someone been in a position like his - where he has many enemies foreign and domestic.

Given the shooter was identified inside the perimeter by CS earlier - there should have been a CSU or local plainclothes officers around to stain him then and there, not let him get lost in the crowd.
- the fact he had a range finder should have been an immediate alarm bell - and the Bulter PD and SO should have been demanded to occupy the roofs on those building regardless of their opinion on the matter.

The report of man with a gun came in before Trump went on stage - the SAC of his detail should have held him from the stage.
The Bulter PD officer who confronted the shooter at the roof, should have fired his weapon - either into the ground* or at the suspect - simply to alter everyone - his radio isn't compatible with the USSS radios - and as such there was radio tag and a delay in the messages getting to the CS teams.

* I do get why the officer who confronted Crooks backed down the ladder, seeing a rifle aimed at ones face is not fun - but if he was not going to take one for the team, he needed to do something to immediately warn everyone there was a shooter - and putting 3 pistol rounds into the dirt in the circumstance is probably the easiest and safest way to do it.

Last edited:
Back