• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Attempted assassination of Donald Trump 13 July 2024

Trump is now suffering from the same political violence he encouraged on the 6th, and innocents are being killed again. I don't expect any introspection from either side on this. They are in the pot now and the temperature is rising.

... I am reminded of Mousolini.
TBH, I thought the soc-med post was pretty measured, almost pre-meditated, compared to some of Trump's greatest hits online. More like someone saying, "here's what you should say" and him saying it.
Trump is now suffering from the same political violence he encouraged on the 6th, and innocents are being killed again. I don't expect any introspection from either side on this. They are in the pot now and the temperature is rising.
All that said, the optimist in me thinks it's also good to take a breath and remember ....
quote-the-best-revenge-is-not-to-be-like-your-enemy-marcus-aurelius-45-45-42.jpg

What a disgusting take after a political assassination attempt, but you're falling in line with the NBC and CBS commentators essentially victim blaming as if Trump is the only one using rhetoric. Both sides have fanned the flames of extremists using hyperbolic rhetoric. I'm not surprised this happened, and it's not about who said the most mean words it about both side stopping their use.

With the shooter now positively IDed by FBI, it’ll be really interesting to see what comes out about his known associations, social media use, etc. Whether he has expressed any ideology/extremism, known mental health history, etc etc. this is also going to stimulate a TON of chatter in some extremist circles, particularly those aligning with accelerationist objectives who wants to see the flames fanned. Police working in the national security / violent extremism space south of the border are gonna be busy.

Well the shooter is dead therefore the real story most likely won’t be fully known.

And what pop culture reaction-fest would be complete without this, right?

Another lone nutter.

Everyone who has been using intemperate violence-suggesting militaristic-sounding rhetoric is going to have to eat it for a while.

Trump has never encouraged political violence. Show the video evidence of such an absurd claim.

This was all entirely predictable. When the media and opposition are painting their political opponent as some sort of orange hitler, then anything goes to remove that threat. And don't think for a second they don’t know what they're doing.

With a likely Trump election win looming, hysteria has not yet peaked.

Well the shooter is dead therefore the real story most likely won’t be fully known.
I'll bet there's social media posts and documents on his computer to explain. Dollars to donuts he was radicalized online, and slowly pushed into violence by social media algorithms designed to create and put people into echo chambers.

I'll bet there's social media posts and documents on his computer to explain. Dollars to donuts he was radicalized online, and slowly pushed into violence by social media algorithms designed to create and put people into echo chambers.

Early steps once ID is confirmed would be to get search warrants for residence, vehicle, etc, and to try to get into his digital devices. For something like this no horsepower will be spared in attempts to break encryption of devices or other technical barriers. They’d be interviewing family and known associates ASAP and trying to confirm social media accounts so they can order content preserved and get subpoenas for content. They’d be prioritizing identifying if there are any relevant associates/coconspirators. Obviously they’d also be looking into ideology, beliefs, etc. They’ll look into where he got the gun, though in Pennsylvania that’s much less a big deal than it would be up here of course. But they’ll need to confirm he was legally able to acquire and posses a firearm, and if not, whether anyone else was knowingly involved. They’ll get a full financial profile and see if there was any unusual financial activity that may be relevant. They’ll dig in to his travel history, whether he’s been anywhere weird… They’ll basically leave no stone unturned to rule out any larger plot or conspiracy, or to dig in should they find one.

This will be a massive but also, for the most part, relatively rapid and straightforward investigation (some small details will drag on for ages). The toughest part will likely be keeping track of and organizing all the information flowing in so it can be coherently assembled.

Last edited:
Trump has never encouraged political violence. Show the video evidence of such an absurd claim.

This was all entirely predictable. When the media and opposition are painting their political opponent as some sort of orange hitler, then anything goes to remove that threat. And don't think for a second they don’t know what they're doing.

Trump has plenty of times

Maybe someone took one of Bidens comments literally.

“I have one job, and that’s to beat Donald Trump. I’m absolutely certain I’m the best person to be able to do that. So, we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye,” Biden said.

Trump has actively caused political violence, if not in America, for the poor Kurds. Ask Hevrin Khalaf if you have any questions about that.

But thats fine because ‘where were the Kurds on D-Day.’

I don’t condone political violence, but I also don’t feel much sympathy in this case.

The absolute professionalism there from the Secret Service. His immediate protection agents were providing body cover within 3 seconds and the threat was neutralized in 6 seconds. There is going to be a lot of AARs on this one (similar to Kennedy and Reagan) if the shooter was where the videos are showing his probable location. That's way too close and too obvious of a spot.
First part of your comment doesn't square with the latter part.

Either they're absolute professionals, or they let an assassin within a 150 yards of the former and future POTUS, on the closest and most obvious vantage point possible, and stared at him until he opened fire.

Totally agree with your last comment though. The, as someone else put it, mentally unhinged Left cannot help but blame the Right for the violence and exaggerated rhetoric of the chaotic Left (this attack, the BLM riots, the threats against SCOTUS judges, the baseball field attack on congressmen, the execution of a Trump supporter during Jan 6, comparing Trump and his supporters to Hitler and nazis and in tandem, the idea that it's okay to engage in violence against "Nazis" as defined by the Left, and "Defund the police" movements which facilitate violence when police resources are stretched thin)

See picture. Will Stancil is an attorney and Democrat political analyst running for State House in Minnesota.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240714-112126.png
    Screenshot_20240714-112126.png
    553.5 KB · Views: 25
What a disgusting take after a political assassination attempt, but you're falling in line with the NBC and CBS commentators essentially victim blaming as if Trump is the only one using rhetoric. Both sides have fanned the flames of extremists using hyperbolic rhetoric. I'm not surprised this happened, and it's not about who said the most mean words it about both side stopping their use.
I don't expect any introspection from either side on this. They are in the pot now and the temperature is rising.
The second line of my post. BOTH sides are in the pot and they are making things worse. I could have written it better, so that's on me. Here is my better take then:

Bunch of hyberbolic morons screaming at each other and getting innnocent people killed. You ratchet up the radicalization and increase the view of the opposite political party as the "other" you get violence, sometime directed at you. The US political system is reaping what they are sowing. And if that's victim blaming then sure, I'm partially blaming the victim.

I'll just point to @MilEME09 comments.

Either they're absolute professionals, or they let an assassin within a 150 yards of the former and future POTUS, on the closest and most obvious vantage point possible, and stared at him until he opened fire.
"They" could have been one person not doing what they were supposed to be doing....

"They" could have been one person not doing what they were supposed to be doing....
I think we can agree that the Close Protection Team did their job well. Probably some game tape criticisms from the picky coach to go over but they got the job done and fast.

The prevention of the event in the first place was a fail.

If I can uses a hockey analogy the Goalie did their job, but the team defence needs work. There shouldn't have even been a high percentage scoring chance.

USSS would have the inner cordon, but would be relying on other local law enforcement for the much larger perimeter security. USSS simply wouldn’t have the resources for outer perimeter. Bear in mind that in the course of a political campaign they’re run absolutely ragged. I bet their recces are barely keeping up with the planned events. There was probably also degree of uncertainty about the presence of other friendly law enforcement within line of sight. There shouldn’t have been, but I bet there was. But there absolutely should have been some sort of local police on that roof at least controlling access.

With that said, while it’s clear some things went badly wrong, none of us have close to enough specific knowledge of how security was arranged to know where things went awry. @KevinB will probably have the best access of any of us here to solid but third hand info over the next few weeks. In the fullness of time there will no doubt be a full inquiry into this and we’ll get a fulsome picture. I will say that the actions of the close protective detail in Trump’s immediate vicinity was still swift, professional, and effective. He was well served by his detail. You’re going to see some dumb fucks on Twitter trying to sling mud at the USSS over some members fumbling their re-bolstering and such- pay them no mind. It just show those commentators don’t know what extreme stress does to fine motor skills. The tactics and actions shown were solid.

Investigative development: multiple news agencies quoting law enforcement that the firearm was traced to the suspect’s father, legally bought. No surprise there.

Back