• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aug 2008 BMQ - ALL LOCATIONS

Hello!  I got my offer last week and joining instructions for the August 25th BMOQ.

Surname: Casey
Trade: Aerospace Controller

Any other guys or gals starting on the 25th?

I'll be there august 25 !

Surname: Ben
Trade: Infantry

I'll be on the french course.

Hey i know we got some people on the 18th course and some on the 25th but i was wondering if there are any other people who are on the 18th course, or even the 25th, who went through vancouver CFRC and are swearing in on july 31st?

rytel said:
I was just notified today that I'll be doing DCE001W, DCE002W, and HIE208W this summer, while I wait for the August BMOQ.  I had asked to do three OPME's, and it all looks like interesting material.  Anyone else doing OPME's, feel free to message me for discussion once they get started.

Those of us attending BMOQ in August 2008...(that were supposed to start in May) ... -or most of us- are posted at detachments or CFRC's.  The 3X OPME's required... are all due before departure to St. Jean as the OPME's and your training schedual (to get in shape) is/are the most important to complete.
-if that makes any sense

I'll be there too...

Surname: Anthony

See you all soon.

I'll be there in August also, haven't been told a date yet though. Currently there are 9 of us doing summer work through CFRC winnipeg, working on opme's and pt. There's another that will be with us, but he is doing OJT currently.

Surname: Diamond
Trade: AEC

I will be there!

Surname: Macklin

I'm going in for Logistics Officer (Air, DEO).  I get sworn in on July 29th in Kingston.

I think I may be in the wrong thread. From what I understand BMOQ is a different course than the IAP/BOTC.  Just for the record, I'm a DEO who begins training August 18th.  I have no previous military experience, but was told by my recruiter that I'll likely be training with other DEO's and "continuing education" (?) military personnel.

Either way, I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Your in the right thread. It used to be called BOTC but has since changed. You are right, it is IAP/BOTC, but that is called BMOQ.

And there is one of me at CFRC Vancouver... where is the love from the west coast? By the way how's everyone's OPME coming along? In our military history class only 12 out of 26 people handed in the first essay on time (operations come first, of course)...

First name: Officer Cadet ;D
Last name: Leung
MOS: SIGS

js25 said:
By the way how's everyone's OPME coming along? In our military history class only 12 out of 26 people handed in the first essay on time (operations come first, of course)...

Anyone know the story on these OPME's? Seems only some are doing them...

KJL said:
Anyone know the story on these OPME's? Seems only some are doing them...

All officers do them at some point in their career. If you are not doing them now, you will be doing them later.

CDN Aviator said:
All officers do them at some point in their career. If you are not doing them now, you will be doing them later.

Thanks for the info CDN Aviator.

Looks like I'll be joining you monkeys in August as well.  ;D Just got the call today, we're gonna have a great time, can't contain the excitement!

Last name: McLellan
Trade: ANAV - MOC 031

McLellen??...Your name popped up McLovin from superbad in my head instantly. That is unreal. I hope you are on the 18th course.

Just a kindly reminder make sure your pt standards are up to par.

I know alot of people get there and are just not prepaired as they think. I probably would of fallen in this category if I didn't have the oppurtunity for pat plattoon before basic.

Some decent goals to set:

30+ pushups (proper form) with no rest in less then a minute. Learn proper form as you might get a test and actually do 50, but they only counted 20 because of bad form.

30+ situps (proper form) in less then a min, alowd to stop but time keeps ticking.

2.4km(1.5m) in less then 12 min. There are alot of people who may be able to do this on a threadmill, but when they hit the gravel they are nowhere near the timing (I was one of these). Threadmills are great, but remember its not the same as running a track.

40 min straight jogging/running with no stopping, and walking only for cooldown after 40 min. This is a good one to do on the threadmill. set your pace 15 min/mile is a good low end, but you would like to be at least  a 10 min/mile before basic. The important thing here is steady speed for the full 40 min, no increases or decreases. You'll know when your getting better when it starts to seem too slow.

Now this is not following the standards set or expected for most, but if you train to exceed, you will suceed.

Falling behind in pt on basic will cause you to fall behind in everything.

DonaldMcL said:
hahah

August 18th is the date, arriving on the 17th from Halifax.

That is great news. Its probably pre-mature to be giving out nicknames, but i would definitly struggle if I couldn't call you McLovin.

VM said:
That is great news. Its probably pre-mature to be giving out nicknames, but i would definitly struggle if I couldn't call you McLovin.

I knew my venture into a military career would lead to a nickname...

Best I can do is get a Hawaiian shirt and try and buy some beer for the boys  ;D

DonaldMcL said:
I knew my venture into a military career would lead to a nickname...

Best I can do is get a Hawaiian shirt and try and buy some beer for the boys  ;D

Well then Mclovin you are lol

Back