• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aug 2008 BMQ - ALL LOCATIONS

The actual 20 MSR starts at 8.5 Km/h and increases 0.5 Km/h for every stage. Each stage is one minute in duration.

http://www.rmc.ca/athletics/pe/EXPRES/CF_EXPRES_Operations_Manual_e.pdf

well then rytel you must be wrong because that puts it at 8.4 mph on stage 10. Since its 8.5 km/h and increased .5 km/h every stage, the numbers i did on the treadmill were completely right. Thats just speed of course, the stop and go will have a large effect on your results i imagine.

You're right, that is the correct speed then.  I run alot on the treadmill, and am used to sprinting at 11.5 mph on them, so those numbers seemed too low in my mind.

Good stuff anyway - I hope you kick butt in the real version!

Has anyone else looked at the schedule that someone linked up? PT only 3x/wk?  ??? My brothers did BMQ and suggested that OCdts were primarily responsible for their own PT...

My brothers did BMQ and suggested that OCdts were primarily responsible for their own PT...

That's news to me. Past 2 summers I was there, we had formed runs, platoon push-ups, et al.

AEC Kapp said:
That's news to me. Past 2 summers I was there, we had formed runs, platoon push-ups, et al.

Sounds like fun! Was at a fire academy last year and honestly, having the two battlions do it all together, count off together, push each other through it all, was amazing.

The 20 msr is not like running in a straight line. When you get to one end you have to slow down, stop, turn around, then wait for the beep before taking off again. But then since the first stages are walking pace, I'm sure even without practice you'll get used to it pretty quick. Not to be overly sensitive, but running on the gym's hard floor sure isn't quite as comfortable as running on a nice, rubber-paved, knee-saving, competition-grade track with a nice breeze, superb scenery and plenty of fresh oxygen... LOL.

Really, to meet stage 6, the minimum for our age group, I think you can do that without being able to even run 2.4km. Just being able to keep a jogging pace for 8 minutes or so will get you to stage 6. But that's just asking for the undue attention from the course instructors.

js25 said:
The 20 msr is not like running in a straight line. When you get to one end you have to slow down, stop, turn around, then wait for the beep before taking off again. But then since the first stages are walking pace, I'm sure even without practice you'll get used to it pretty quick. Not to be overly sensitive, but running on the gym's hard floor sure isn't quite as comfortable as running on a nice, rubber-paved, knee-saving, competition-grade track with a nice breeze, superb scenery and plenty of fresh oxygen... LOL.

Really, to meet stage 6, the minimum for our age group, I think you can do that without being able to even run 2.4km. Just being able to keep a jogging pace for 8 minutes or so will get you to stage 6. But that's just asking for the undue attention from the course instructors.

What's your age group JS25?

Valkyrie said:
Has anyone else looked at the schedule that someone linked up? PT only 3x/wk?  ??? My brothers did BMQ and suggested that OCdts were primarily responsible for their own PT...

Incorrect.  Guess again.

Wow so I can't help but notice that this Aug BMQ thread really has not seen a lot of people actually confirmed to leave in Aug.
Its not taking off like the July BMQ one  :-[

Wonder where all the people are?    Show yourselves.

Valkyrie said:

Perhaps what you're thinking of is OCdt's under ROTP during periods when we're not doing military training. During the school year, we're expected to stay in shape and not be bags when we show up for course in the summer, but have no regimented fitness program.

PS-Whoops sorry, I almost forgot to mention that I speak for Civvy-U OCdts, AFAIK, fitness at RMC is a combination of self-directed and group exercise. Cheers.

js25 said:
Male 34 and under, min is stage 6. And I sure am way under 34 LOL.

Am in the 35 and over group, but you won't think so looking at me.  ;) What is the stage for my group then?

Cheers

jacksparrow said:
Am in the 35 and over group, but you won't think so looking at me.  ;) What is the stage for my group then?

Cheers

All can be found here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/69700.0.html

Your minimum is stage 5 on the 20msr, 14 pushups and 17 situps, jacksparrow.

rytel said:
All can be found here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/69700.0.html

Your minimum is stage 5 on the 20msr, 14 pushups and 17 situps, jacksparrow.

You are a gentleman and a scholar squire  ;)

Back