• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Australian Army

• Thread starter Hawaii Mike
  • Start date
H

Hawaii Mike

I am wondering if anybody could direct me to a forum or site with my questions regarding service in the RAN or Australian Army.  I served as a field artilleryman in the Marine Corps and as a special warfare combatant craft crewman (SWCC) in the Navy.  My civilian occupation is marine engineer and commercial diver (I own my own business).

Thanks.  From what what I have read on this forum, you gentlemen seem very professional and courteous.  I am impressed.

Wes is our local Australian Army Sergeant on this board.  He is on vacation right now and might not be able to get to your questions for another week or two.

Thanks very much.  Thought about Canada defence forces; sorry, I am a sissy when it comes to cold.

Hey Mike not sure if you came across this site or not in your search but here you go:

http://www.defence.gov.au/index.cfm

Thanks for the link.  I actually researched this a few years back.  Called DFRB in Canberra and was told basically I needed to apply for a visa, wait for approval, reside X years, etc.  I was wondering if things have changed since 1999, when last I investigated.  I know here in the States just about anybody can walk into the recruiting station at any time and get needed waivers, expedited processing, etc.  I wouldn't mind coughing up the dough for a ticket on a fairly okay chance of getting in.  If rejected, some pub crawling and gutter rolling in King's X is never a bad proposition.

You're absolutely right.  I was referring to the large numbers of foreigners serving in the US military.  Small scandal last year in fact, when they discovered how large the numbers were.  Actually had some KIAs who were illegal.  Begs the question: where are all the Americans?  Why are so few citizens enlisting during such a serious crisis?  Plenty of hypocrisy here, it seems.

Is Wes still checking these threads?  Still wondering about ADF.

Back