• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bayonets: your essential Zombie killing weapon accessory.

medicineman said:
Dude, taking head shots with a pistol takes a lot more practice than 30 times...doing it in a competition on a range isn't easy and doing it at longish range is harder (and those targets don't shoot back or try to eat you); doing it at longish range, with your life in danger, and mulitple targets is an art form that takes literally thousands of rounds of realistic practice.  I've tried to take head shots, with a pistol, on a range at 20+ metres, and it isn't easy, especially to snap shoot - it's cherry picking at that point because you have to adjust for change in target size and bullet drop, etc.  The only time I could consistantly hit good head shots in a snap shoot was when the target was in the 3 metre range - literally in my face.  Unless you're using some sort of HALO hand cannon, realisticly you're going to have a hard time getting good hits over 15-20 metres.  Jim S is right - a .22, I'd add a good garden chair on a bit of high ground, and start plinking.  :2c:

MM

You're a ways off

I can shoot a target in the head at 20 metres.
I'v gotten pretty good at it now, and I'v shot far more than 30 times thats just the amount of times i'v went.
I have probably shot over 300 rounds in my times there.
You shouldn't say what someone can and can't do, when you don't even know them.

Bill

Masterchief: Word to the wise here.

You may want to wind your neck in before someone chops it off. Real combat isn't like HALO or target practice. This is a fun thread, so don't take it so seriously.

You may want to calm yourself and stop with the comments "when you don't even know them". We are a fairly senior bunch. We know types...and you are quickly becoming one of those "types" we tend to ostracize.

I would like to have several different .22 cal weapons to fight Zombies with:

1. Sniper .22 rifle - semi auto Ruger I think for longer range engagments;

2. Carbine .22 - close encounters with Zombies;

3. .22 pistols.....desperation.

You may want to calm yourself and stop with the comments "when you don't even know them". We are a fairly senior bunch. We know types...and you are quickly becoming one of those "types" we tend to ostracize.

Or outright ban because they rapidly become an administrative pain in the butt. Master chief heed what Jim is saying it maybe your last bit of friendly advice.'

Milnet.Ca Staff

Thank you Jim.

Personally I would go with a Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870 and for close in a machete.

Well I didn't write this on my profile or tell many people,
But I went through training with the marines.
You see I have duel citizenship and I decided to apply in the Marine Corp.
This was 9 years ago, I was near the end of training when me and a couple guy's got drunk and did some stuff.
I'm not gonna say what it all was but it involved armed robbery.
So we were dishonorably Discharged, after that I moved back to Ontario.
So I went through most of the training, I know how to shoot a gun and I have been through combat exercises.

Bill

sg.gif

So you have no clue what your doing, and your stupid, in fact dually stupid for announcing your stupidity on the net.

And its Dual Citizenship, unless your Amercian Passport challenged your Canadian Passport to pistols at 20 paces...

masterchief said:
So I went through most of the training, I know how to shoot a gun and I have been through combat exercises.

Bill

Very nice. So have I....and many other folks on here. Many of them have been on the two way range. Now have some fun. This thread is not serious...or it could be.....there goes that bi polar thing again......;)

I'm just saying that I know what you guys have been through in training,
Marine training is tough, although I'v heard Infantry training in the Canadian Forces is tougher.
Also when your drunk you have know common sense, I wouldn't have done that if I wasn't.

masterchief said:
I'm just saying that I know what you guys have been through in training,
Marine training is tough, although I'v heard Infantry training in the Canadian Forces is tougher.
Also when your drunk you have know common sense, I wouldn't have done that if I wasn't.

*cough*poser*cough*liar*cough*

::)

Now back to our scheduled programming: Improvised weapons

Any ideas on how we will kill destroy the hordes of undead with homemade weapons? Watching The Walking Dead and a long bit of metal with one end formed into a wedge/spike seems like a smart idea.

And now that he's banned and why, I can see where some of the drivel was coming from.

MM

crovel-1.jpg

The Crovel: A Swiss-Army Shovel

http://www.thehighdefinite.com/2011/05/the-crovel-a-swiss-army-shovel/

Tagged as “The Ultimate Survival Tool”, the Crovel has a shovel on one end, a crowbar on the other, and a whole myriad of tools in between to satisfy all of your shoveling, chopping, prying, hammering, bottle-opening, sawing, and zombie killing needs. As an additional bonus, the handle is wrapped in 15 feet of paracord in case you need to climb, rappel, or tie something up.  It’s basically the closest you’re going to get to being Batman in a survival scenario.

I'd still prefer some sort of stand off weapon, though it would do great in a close in fight...have to worry though about blood borne  contaminants if you're close enough to use it.  I wonder how well it throws?

MM

medicineman said:
I'd still prefer some sort of stand off weapon, though it would do great in a close in fight...have to worry though about blood borne  contaminants if you're close enough to use it.  I wonder how well it throws?

MM

Wear something like this:

h8v_med.jpg

And never lick it clean

medicineman said:

MM

.22 cal rifles if you have the protected position to "plink" the zombies. If ammunition isn't an issue then I personally would go for something bigger, maybe a Lee Enfield with a good scope...

A Winchester M-87 makes a good choice if things are getting closer and more personal, and the huge sword bayonet makes this a very impressive stand off edged weapon as well (you essentially have a polearm of you get cornered while falling back to your next protected position)

Later on when ammunition is scarce and the apocalypse is still on, a real polearm is probably a good choice. While not as cool as a Katana or 6' long great sword (Claymores, Zweihander's etc.), it also requires much less training (polearms were issued out to peasant levies) and has enough leverage to lop off heads and limbs, which is pretty much where you need to go with these things. A good coat of cuir bouilli (leather boiled in wax) can protect you from grasping claws and is much lighter and cheaper than metal armour.

Of course if you office is currently overrun with zombies of the bureaucratic kind, a cup of hot coffee in the face might do......

No no, hot coffee will do no harm to a zombie. The flesh of the undead is itself dead meaning that the nerves in the skin are already dead. Temperature weapons will do no good unless it is direct contact for long periods of time. Like a flame thrower.

For an improvised and homeade flame thrower I recommend a super soaker watergun filled with gasoline with an open flame.

(Now off to youtube land to see if someone has already come up with that idea)

Back