• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Been 3 years in the process.

Tacular

Inactive
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

As I’m writing this I’ve been in the recruiting process for 3 years and 2 months. After reading this news article regarding trades being marked EE. I only have one question.

Have I wasted 3 years waiting for something that is never going to come?

It seems that I never get a phone call back, no emails. Unless it’s to tell me my paperwork is expired and I need to resubmit.

Currently a white male, do I need to identify as a female or something to get a response?(joke, kind of)

Last Fall, when I spoke to my recruiter after I completed CFAT we discussed my choices of trade. Some of my choices of trades were very popular with huge banks of applicants with only a few opening per year: it was 4 opening in 2018 for about a thousand applicants. He told me that my application, as it was, would likely stay on the shelf for a looong time. Thus I decided to replace this choice of trade for another based on the fact that I definitely projected myself with this alternative; in addition there was more demand and less proper candidates, raising the probabilities in my favor I think.

Did you considered any alternative trade, if it is at all relevant for you?

polardr

Hiya. I cancelled my rewrite of the cfat. Mine was started in 2007. Finally gave up on the process 2019.

Golly suddenly my 2.5 years doesn't feel so long... But grampa ain't getting any younger!  I'm pushing mid-40's, they don't want us ol' timers trekkin' thru mud.

Actually you know, I discovered in the CFAT that us ol' boys could be a resource for the younger kids who get depressed and discouraged so easily...

NO FEAR!! KEEP PUSHING!!!

"But grampa ain't getting any younger!  I'm pushing mid-40's, they don't want us ol' timers trekkin' thru mud."

I get you're going tongue-in-cheek on this one... However for anyone scrolling through thinking and feeling the same thing and who is starting to believe it:

Ain't true.

If you can pass the stages and do the job, they very much want us ol'timers in our mid-40s trekkin' thru mud.  I'm 43 and I leave for BMQ in a month. Yes, I had to make certain choices that directly relate to my age. 20 years ago, I'd have applied for a combat trade without hesitation. Now? Now I have to swallow that I heal slower than I used to and I'm starting with a physical machine that has already been bounced off of a couple of guardrails. While I could bulldog my way through the training and job, and mentally I know what I'm capable of, there are other trades where I can serve with excellence instead of relying on grit and attitude while chewing ibuprofen like it's candy.  ;)

Tacular said:
Good Morning All,

As I’m writing this I’ve been in the recruiting process for 3 years and 2 months. After reading this news article regarding trades being marked EE. I only have one question.

Have I wasted 3 years waiting for something that is never going to come?

It seems that I never get a phone call back, no emails. Unless it’s to tell me my paperwork is expired and I need to resubmit.

Currently a white male, do I need to identify as a female or something to get a response?(joke, kind of)

Hi there, if it makes you feel better, I've been in the process since 2013. There's been a lot of hurdles and I'm still not sure if I'll get a job offer, but that's why I've been more focused on my civilian career and have made it my priority. If I get an offer from the military, that's great. If not, I have a solid career on the civilian side that actually happens to pay significantly more. As for the issue of you being "white", I happen to be of an ethnic "minority" so I don't believe that matters. Again, I do feel for you. I've spoken to some individuals (new grads) that applied for my occupation and got offered a position within the year, but even with my experience, it seems like I'm not getting anywhere in the process.

53 and I'm convinced they want me, and are even willing to bend some arms to make it happen. I will submit my paperwork today or tomorrow. I started in 2007. So chill ....

commander-cb said:
53 and I'm convinced they want me, and are even willing to bend some arms to make it happen. I will submit my paperwork today or tomorrow. I started in 2007. So chill ....

commander-cb,

Less than a month ago you stated that you were not interested in any of the positions that you meet both the entry standards and maximum age requirements for. What changed?

huh....i'm still alive...
took me 3 yrs in waiting too... medical, interview, background check, did at least 1 round each....

Back