• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Being 'Med Fit' for boards

pylon

Inactive
Reaction score
I've searched this one out and read alot, but no luck.

I've put in my CT, completed all testing with no issues.  However, I am waiting for the approval of my air factor medical.
My first choice is image tech, second is AC Op.

Q: Can I be merited for Image Tech as I've met all the recruiting requirements, even though I've not received the all clear for my air factor medical for my 2nd choice of AC Op?

Thanks....

kc

If you put down three choices, which you don't have to, then if you meet the requirements for each of those choices you will be assessed for each of them. After the assessment process you will be given a score for each occupation and if you have completed the eligibility requirements you will then be merit listed for those occupations with their scores.  It is possible to be scored higher for your second choice or your third choice and you could be offered a position for either of your choices.  Again just because there are three spaces does not mean you have to have three choices.  If there is one or two particular trades that you are really interested in then only apply for them.

Going by kincanucks reply (above) from this thread , I read into it for your situation that you have met the requirements for your first choice and should therefore be merit listed for it.  One would hope that they wouldn't hold up your whole transfer for the med process for your second choice.

Have you called CFRC yet to see if your file has gone for merit yet?  If it has, then you could confirm if it will be resubmitted once your medical has come back for AC Op.  And if it hasn't, well....good luck. :D

With respect to OT's applying for an aircrew trade. . .  on the application you just need a flight surgeon to sign off you are 'Fit Potential Aircrew' and can go to the board that way.  Then you can get an offer into the trade, with the condition you pass your aircrew medical in Toronto.  Perhaps someone can answer if this is not the case with CT's as well, or even people off the street?  You always hear the stories (a friend of a friend of course) of people who joined as a certain trade, only to change because of the medical.

Glenndon

Call your CFRC/D and see if they have merit listed for your first choice because if your med file is still waiting for an air factor then the file managers may not even know that you are good to go for your first choice because they have not seen you med category.

ACK,

I will call today.

I posted that question on here as that is exactly what I was told from the clerk handling my file at my local CFRC, with regards to not making the July board for Image Tech.

Appreciate the info and thanks again,

kc

Back