• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bertie Patzer anyone?

Vets Dottir

Inactive
Reaction score
Anyone here ever meet Bertie Patzer (now passed away) who used to work the Wpg airport? He was my stepbro from long ago. Passed away from cancer a few years ago.

:cdn:

I guess no one here recalls the name or him?

By the way, I see that I did NOT mention that Bertie (aka Bertrum) was with the RCMP and I was told he worked the airport  for years (Wpg I assume) I'm not sure what his actual job tasks were. He is "Remembered" in RCMP site somewhere. My Mom and his dad were together for a number of years, hene step-brother :) He was ALWAYS a very good guy to me. Last I saw him was probably when I dropped in to briefly say hi and visit him and his wife when back home for a funeral after years and years of losing touch. The visit was "family" visit :) I'm glad I had that little get together because I never saw him again after that. Provinces between us.

It just would be nice to know someone in here knew and remembered him is all :)

If you get a hold of the RCMP Veterans Assoc in Winnipeg for D Division (Manitoba), they would most likely be able to point you in the right direction.

I have seen various Assoc publications and there are always questions such as yours in there.

Noneck

noneck said:
If you get a hold of the RCMP Veterans Assoc in Winnipeg for D Division (Manitoba), they would most likely be able to point you in the right direction.

I have seen various Assoc publications and there are always questions such as yours in there.

Noneck

Thanks Noneck, I might just do that! When I saw the RCMP section in this forum I thought about Bertie lots and thought it would be really cool if someone in here that worked with him, knew him. Plus I've always just wondered what an RCMP officer does working at an airport. I would have assumed city police would work doing any policing there, but thinking about it, maybe the airport is out of Wpg. city limits, or else its something to do with "federal" because of international flights and customs and all? I'm just curious/nosey is all :D

I think it's time I also called folks back home there again (Balsam Bay/Grand Marais/Beaconia) to touch base and be nosey :D

Those Patzer kids were and are amazing, they can all SING. Amazing voices, the lot of them. The brothers and sisters and their kids!!! But especially the guys ... about any one of them could have topped any really "up there" Country and Bluegrass music and singing talent no problem if they'd ever seriously gone professional. Garth Brooks types? ... yeah, they would  have had competition. They sing and play for the love of it though my step-nephew??? (wierd to call him that, we were almost same age :D ) loves jazz and does that as well as country professionally.

Anyways, I'll also google that division and maybe they have info online.

Thanks again!

Hello,

My name is Lisa Ribbers..Born Lisa Patzer,  Bertram (Bert) Patzer was my grandfather and was an RCMP officer at the Winnipeg Airport.  He passed away of cancer on Dec 29th 5 or so years back it must be by now... :(
He was married to Marilyn (Thomas) of Beaconia, Manitoba Canada.  My mom's name is Shelly Patzer, with sister Shannon, Brothers, Garry (deceased), Bentley, Rory, and Jody. 

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Wow! Happy to connect with you Lisa. I never met any of Bertie and Marilyns grand kids that I can recall :) I'm Carman (aka Karmen but registration screwed up on my name spelling so had to use the registered one Carman) Rosie's daughter. Shelly will remember me probably and Marilyn and the older ones for sure :) Mostly lost touch with everyone over the years, but I get news every so often. I do know about Garry too :( and most of the other losses over the years.

Yeah I know Bertie passed on :( For a while we all lived with Roy. Bertie's dad and my mom parted as a couple back in 1965 and I was whisked out to BC and have pretty much been there ever since. A few times back home to visit or stay a few months, but rare visits or contacts with folks including relatives, and especially in the Bay. I remember your mom and most of their kids can't remember you though: you must be in the youngest ones after I left, but your name I just don't recall. Us kids all played together LOL

Funerals at our little cemetery was what got me back home and short visits with people. Like dropping in on Bertie and Marilyn so many years ago for a nice flying hug and hi and bye LOL

Its awesome to touch base Lisa and I hope we can stay in touch sometimes. I'll send you my email address in a private message ok?

BY the way, I'm sometimes in touch with Greg and try to keep up a bit with folks back home that way. I'm really sad, as I said, that I didn't get to know Bertie better and more about his work and all. But the same goes for lots of people back home. I have been out of the loop mostly because of being moved out to BC and losing touch with people.

You all still feel and act like my family and I feel close though, always, in spite of the years and gaps.

Please say a warm hi to your Mom for me ok? And ask her to pass that along. I'll make more effort to keep in touch with people to catch up a bit. Its weird for me to call people up out of the blue after all these years though, so I haven't tried often ;)

Check your private messages :)

PS:

Lisa, just ask your grandmorher and the older folks about "Karmen Levina Little Patzer" and they'll enjoy a chuckle. It used to be a big joke :D (I never was a Patzer though ... my dad was Icelandic from Riverton ;) )

Lisa, I got your email sent through the board but can't reply to you that way, so if you email me at the address I put in the PM from your address, then I can get back to you ;) and by the email subject header I assume you inherited the Patzer genes gift for vocals!

Back