• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Coffee Joints

Who do you like

• Total voters
Michael Dorosh said:
Yeah, that, or one or two people can just accept the fact that a weekend, week, month or 6 month tour without candy, pop, donuts, XBox, TV, beer, and/or other luxuries never killed anybody...

Of all the things the military needs, "more donuts" is probably one I'd disagree with.

Michael, you blasphemer!  How dare you slag Timmies like that!  I might just have to pass this post on to a moderator!!!

;D ;D

DannyBoy said:
Does anybody else agree that Tim Hortons Should have a deal with the Military like have a mobile Tim Hortons Unit of something that visits the troops in the Field   ;D :salute:

Their Slogan mixed in with Cadpat might look cute.

I agree there should be some sort of COS(Canada Over Seas); not, as hoki as the USO of course.

A big truck with lots-o-treats, or something tagged onto Logistics.  (More than what is already in place)

Apologyoffered if I've spoken out of place.

Timmies should be free for everyone who has to stay up all night, work long hours, etc.

Ive been back to school for 2 days and they are already kicking my ass.  Timmies is going to make quite a bit off of me this year!

Mappy said:
Timmies should be free for everyone who has to stay up all night, work long hours, etc.

There was a policy for free coffee and tea for all Emergency workers.  Up here only the Police get it sometimes.  Funny though, I've responded to more than 15 different Timmies for Emergency calls in the last 2 years, still no respect.  Not that I expect it, but the offer would be nice.

I know a guy that owns a diner in downtown Ottawa.  His policy is that any cop/firefighter/ems in uniform gets their meal comped.  His rationale is that nothing deters robbery and stupid behaviour like a uniform in one of the booths.

I know the Timmies in Arnprior does grezat business with the military.  Every time we travel to or from Petawawa, the Timmies is our pitstop.  They have a "We Support our Troops" sign up and lots of times I've gotten a deal, like a large double for the price of a medium.  I think it would be great if Tim Hortons made instant coffee, and we got it in our IMPs.  Speaking of which,  I've been told the coffee in the IMPs is decaf - is that true?

while nobody loves their NATO standard more than me, I gotta say the very last thing this Army needs is more doughnuts.

If anything, we should force Timmy's to never sell another fatpill to any CF member. No, that isn't right. We should pass a new Reg that says no CF member unable to pass the Cooper's test, PWT Level 3, and BFT on the same day shall consume another Timmy fatpill until they can. On penalty of death.

Save the Canadian taxpayer a fortune on medical bills.

I'll go with the Timmy's thing,

If they have a Wiser's Deluxe booth at the drive thru ;D

It depends on the owners of the Timmies as well.

The owner of the Timmies by my work is kind of mean (as is our owner) and I dont see her giving away coffee because it "all adds up".

I once got yelled a for wasting a pickle (I chucked it at the wall to see if it would stick) and then had to sit through a lecture of how wasting one pickle adds up in the yearly report. 

*prepares to be attacked*
But I honestly don't understand why people love Tim Horton's coffee, its okay, but not even close to being great. 

Speaking of deals for Emergency services, i know in Toronto that Licks gives 50% off to Toronto Police, Fire, EMS and even St. John Ambulance guys. 

Quick, what kind of car was Tim Horton driving - and who bought it for him - when he rolled it at zero-dark-buffalo one morning and ended his hockey and coffee-shop career in one fell swoop?

Tom

Ford Pantera.

He told Punch Imlach that he wanted the leafs to buy him one as part of his contract.  Punch had a baaaaad feeling about it, and told Tim he did not want to do it, but Tim was adamant.

His death was announced on the radio and his wife was at work, but did not hear it.  In those days, there was none of this waiting until next of kin, etc.

Tom

What kind of Pickle are we talking about.......

Heinz Hamburger pickles.  I believe McDonalds uses them as well.  The whole pickle sticking thing started at Walmart when we would toss the pickles on the wall in the employees lounge, see it it stuck, and then left it there.  Some lasted for months.

Hey Mappy,

I think Paracowboy was refering to a different kind of Pickle ;D

Back