• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Better/Faster Way To Get Things Shipped? [split from One Shot Tactical thread]

Zoomie

Army.ca Veteran
Mentor
Reaction score
Why didn't you get your stuff shipped to Trenton - the military would have flown it the rest of the way...

Why? Because I need the gear now. Unlike basically every other coalition country hear we DONT get mail in a timely fashion. Right now, for me personally packages and letters are taking in the realm of 25 days to reach me at Camp NS. I needed this gear now, and as a result had to pay outrageous shipping. As usual our army looking out for the boys  ::)

Zoomie said:
Why didn't you get your stuff shipped to Trenton - the military would have flown it the rest of the way...

Yeah, and just in time for redeployment!  :rofl

Have you guys ever tried getting an APO address through the US mil? They will usually give one to anyone who asks if you go to the post master.  I've recieved items in as little as 6 days on a FOB.

BigRed, how exactly do you get an APO. Just go into the yank post office here and request one? While the might give to a secret squirrel PMC will they give it to another coalition soldier? Just wondering, any details would be awesome because im sick and tired of either waiting a month + or paying close to $200 for shipping. Thanks

When I was in Kabul, we used the post office at Bagram and Camp Kabul(Eggers).  Is saw lots of non-US mil in there, especially at Bagram.  Give it a shot. From the US I was getting stuff in 10-14 days.

I used the German "APO" while I was in Kabul, the other Canadian in my camp used the Danish one, both were very fast, but paying shipping from Canada to Germany/Denmark was pricey...

I just shipped some gear out today to a few APO addresses.  Pricing is: Ground $50  and air $80.

I'm not sure how fast it is but, it's faster than the Belleville way and less expensive than the Fedex way.

You don't. You ship ground to the US, then the US mil takes care of the rest. At least that's the way I understand it, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Pinky

Shipping for items to the American APOs is the same as sending it to NYC, NY.

Its about 9 days from shipper to APO - not bad since about 4-5 is it getting to NewYork from some places...

Of course the fastest way to link up with someone going on HLTA, have the gear sent to them in Canada, and having them hand carry it back.

Cheap, and takes 2-3 days!

Not the easiest thing to tee up though...

Back