• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blackhawk Tactical Gear (Winnipeg?)

Blakey

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Short and sweet, I have found ony one supplier in Winnipeg that carries BH gear (http://www.corporatesupply.ca/clothing_division.htm), they do not have the item that I am looking for in stock (https://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=30HH02DE) and by the time they do get it in stock I, well...I'll be "out of the area".

Does anyone know of any other places in Winnipeg (or within the surrounding area, 50km) that carries BH gear?

Please, don't suggest anything else, I'm just looking for BH in Winnipeg or surrounding area.

Thank-You

Edit: Subject Line

Just an update, haven't found anywhere else that carries BH but, for those that might be interested and in the local area (Winnipeg), Gordon Contract has an OK selection of tactical gear including boots, packs etc.

Their site doesn't list all of the items that they have in store so, you might want to take a trip down there.

I purchased a pair of S.W.A.T. Classic in tan as well as a Rush72 and a couple other items.

Cheers

Would you be inclined to order online...say direct from Blackhawk?

^ Thats what I did once I found out that there were no distributors within the Wpg area that had what I wanted.
My LRAK will be here in about 5 to 7 days  :), just in time.

I just recieved some items from the States as well, the stuff that came through UPS cost 50% of the items purchaced for there "Brokerage"fees. The stuff that came USPS express cost about 10% the total (taxes collected by Canada Post)

Just a heads up for the hidden bill...

Thanks, unfortunately, it was the only way to get the item I required and in the most timely fashion.

Yah, it's the fine print that will get you.  Expect the UPS bill in a month or so. I had 2x$45.00 to pay.
It happened to be 50 % of the bill, don't know if yours will be the same or higher.

I had pretty much the same experience as Old Ranger when ordering directly from Blackhawk. (maybe a little worse percentage wise)

I ordered a Hydration pack which was on sale for $45.00 or so (around christmas two years ago) and I ended up having to pay over $50.00 to UPS in charges, duties, etc. (and it was just normal shipping, not expedited or express)

There was definately some fine-print I had not read, as you can see, the cost of shipping and duties exceeded the cost of the item.

Its just something I will take into consideration if (doubtfully) I ever order directly from them again.

Eric

With all the other Canadian companies you guys are still buying US ??

Farmboy said:
With all the other Canadian companies you guys are still buying US ??

Yeah... I never understood that either  ;D

Farmboy, In my case, the specific gear that I wanted (within a certain time frame) was not readily available through a Canadian distributor/Manufacturer. (https://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=30HH02DE)

I did however purchase many other items (online and in person) that I wanted from Canadian distributors.

Inventory:
CPGear  :cdn:
- 3L Source Hydration Bladder
- Patrol Sling

Gordon Contract  :cdn:
- RUSH72
- Tan Toque
- S.W.A.T. Original

Corporate Supply  :cdn:
- Blackhawk Dropleg
- 5.11 Nomex Tactical Glove

So, I have supported some CDN stores although, most of the items purchased were from US manufacturers.

Haven't found a good CDN owned manufacturers of Tactical Gear, any suggestions?  ;)

Cataract Kid said:
Haven't found a good CDN owned manufacturers of Tactical Gear, any suggestions?  ;)

Integrated Combat Equipment

www.icetactical.com

You're looking at a quality gear manufacturing company right there. We're an authorized CADPAT gear maker.

^ To be quite honest, I looked at the site (prior to and after making my purchases), they just don't/didn't have the kit that I wanted and do not have a diversified selection of equipment IMO.

What did you want? Did you ask? What is diversity? Did you want 30 pouches that did essentially the same thing? Or you want a tried tested and true design that works, the first-time and everytime?

Medtech

I had the same thoughts as you but if you are anything like me then you have more work thsn you can keep up to.  On top of all the stuff i make I still make a good buck repairing and reinforcing all the stuff Blackhawk has been putting out

Steve

Steve,

Very very true business is booming, and we're also trying to keep up with demand. I just hate it when troops pay so much money for kit that's likely to fall apart or doesn't meet their satisfaction. I'd rather sell our stuff, or if they're close to Matt, or you your stuff. I understand that different people have different needs and like different things, but you've also gotta be smart shoppers too. Paying more then HALF of your product on shipping is JUST NUTS!

Wish all the best to you and your shop mate :)

Cheers,

Derek.

Derek

There is a few people in Canada I would not recommend but I too am not advrese to passing the business on.  I am shocke dat the prices of some of these places and the quality that comes out.  We all have our little niche in the world and if we can help each other all the better.  I know there is more business out there than we can all keep up with but I for one hate to see some of the crap I end up repairing and modifying

Steve

MedTech said:
What did you want?
item that I am looking for in stock (https://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=30HH02DE)
Did you ask?
No, sorry. Can ICE get me my LRAK Rifleman Kit and have it delivered to Winnipeg by 15 Feb?
What is diversity?
Diversity=variety; multiformity IE. Blackhawk, 5.11, 911 etc...
Did you want 30 pouches that did essentially the same thing?
I'm sure that I never suggested that.  ???
Or you want a tried tested and true design that works, the first-time and everytime?
Is there anywhere that I can read kit reviews or testimonials about these tried tested and true designs?

Cheers

EDIT: Where were all these helpfull suggestions a week ago?

No, sorry. Can ICE get me my LRAK Rifleman Kit and have it delivered to Winnipeg by 15 Feb?

Not that exact kit however, I know I can supply you with gear from TAG, HSGI and ATS that is better and holds the same kit within 3 days.  I'm pretty sure ICE or CP Gear could get you one of their rigs that holds the gear you need in time as well.

Is there anywhere that I can read kit reviews or testimonials about these tried tested and true designs?

I have some on my website, and just ask around on this site and others about any of the kit that guys are suggesting to you.

As for the "patrol sling" I would have highly suggest a Blue Force Gear sling instead!!  3 point "patrol" slings are obsolete and just get in the way of your drills.  The only way to go in slings is BFG.

Back