• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

I made a facebook group called "BMOQ 23 MAY 2016".
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1135687819798214/

Let us share and get to know each other!

I received my offer for DEO Logistics on January 7th and I will be joining each of you for BMOQ on May 23rd. However, I have never had Facebook so I will just be responding on this forum.

I had some issues with my references that was holding me back. As far as I know, that has all been taken care of and I should be merit listed (Although I do not know the process and how long it will take) Everything else is done, medical and medical review, interview, etc.

Is it possible that May 23rd BMOQ is already full? I am just trying to get a timeline here. I got accepted for a post-grad program at Sheridan college and the deadline to accept is May 1st. I want the army more than I want to go back to school. Is it possible that I could get an offer in April for the May 23rd BMOQ (2016)?

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

Grimm_ said:
I had some issues with my references that was holding me back. As far as I know, that has all been taken care of and I should be merit listed (Although I do not know the process and how long it will take) Everything else is done, medical and medical review, interview, etc.

Is it possible that May 23rd BMOQ is already full? I am just trying to get a timeline here. I got accepted for a post-grad program at Sheridan college and the deadline to accept is May 1st. I want the army more than I want to go back to school. Is it possible that I could get an offer in April for the May 23rd BMOQ (2016)?

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

Your chances of getting an offer of employment and subsequently attending the 23 May 16 BMOQ are greater prior to the end of this month.  They are filling that BMOQ Serial NOW.  Any space remaining will probably be assigned sometime before mid-Apr 16.  After that, the next BMOQ course isn't until Sept.

DAA said:
They are filling that BMOQ Serial NOW.  Any space remaining will probably be assigned sometime before mid-Apr 16. 

Good day DAA, when filling a BMOQ Serial, is there a specific number of spots reserved for each trade and entry plan or are spots just filled by job offers given out? E.g. May 23rd BMOQ: 10 spots for DEO Infantry, 2 spots for DEO Logistics, 4 spots DEO MARS, 15 spots for ROTP Combat Engineers, etc. Thanks in advance.

DAA said:
Your chances of getting an offer of employment and subsequently attending the 23 May 16 BMOQ are greater prior to the end of this month.  They are filling that BMOQ Serial NOW.  Any space remaining will probably be assigned sometime before mid-Apr 16.  After that, the next BMOQ course isn't until Sept.

Do selections go out in waves depending on trade? I'm going in for DEO Infantry. Just heard back from CFRC than I'm definitely merit listed awaiting selection.

THANK YOU!

Grimm_ said:
Do selections go out in waves depending on trade? I'm going in for DEO Infantry. Just heard back from CFRC than I'm definitely merit listed awaiting selection.

THANK YOU!

Selections and offers are mainly based on when CFLRS schedules the respective BMOQ courses to run.  After that, some occupations have "specific" target dates to try and match applicants up with their occupational training soon after completing BMOQ.  It's a juggling act sometimes and usually things come crashing to the ground.    :D

The "optimum", is to hire people, where they can complete their BMOQ and then commence their next stage of training within the following 30-90 days.

There is information about May BMOQ

L0068E & L0069F May 16, 2016 - August 18, 2016

L0067E.  May 23, 2016 - August 25, 2016

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

That's exciting! There are two start dates in May and one in June! I'm doing my medical on April 7th, hoping to make it into one of those BMOQs!

L0068E & L0069F May 16, 2016
L2015E         June 27, 2016
L0067E         May 23, 2016

BlueAngels14 said:
That's exciting! There are two start dates in May and one in June! I'm doing my medical on April 7th, hoping to make it into one of those BMOQs!

L0068E & L0069F May 16, 2016
L2015E         June 27, 2016
L0067E         May 23, 2016
I think June training is something different.It is only 8 weeks .Usually BMOQ is 14 weeks.

secondchance said:
I think June training is something different.It is only 8 weeks .Usually BMOQ is 14 weeks.

Oh right I see it now, good call! :-[ Nevermind only two dates for BMOQ for now then. ;D

I believe one of the senior members mentioned in one posting that the next BMOQ after May isn't until September.  I am hoping on hope to get into the September one!  That'll be a year and a quarter since I first applied...and at 34, I am not getting any younger  ;D

As I wrote this, I just got an email to schedule my ACS testing...this is the last major hurdle I have to clear!

bscriber said:
I believe one of the senior members mentioned in one posting that the next BMOQ after May isn't until September

Basic Military Officer Qualification (officer-cadets)

Platoon Number
Start Date
Ceremony Date

L0068E & L0069F May 16, 2016 August 18, 2016
L2015E June 27, 2016 August 18, 2016
L0067E May 23, 2016 August 25, 2016
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

DAA said:

I apologize mariomike.  I was going from this information.  I am going in DEO, not ROTC.  From what I understood, ROTC courses are for RMC or university students only.  I might be totally out to lunch on that.  I am under the impression that BMOQs for DEOs are not starting up again until September--operational needs notwithstanding of course  ;D

Grimm_ said:
Is it possible that May 23rd BMOQ is already full?

Grimm_ said:
Is it possible that I could get an offer in April for the May 23rd BMOQ (2016)?

Saw this today in Ask a CAF Recruiter. Adding here for future reference,

DEO Infantry Selections 16/17 
Grimm_ said:
Does anyone have any insight on when DEO Infantry selections will happen for either May 23rd or September 16th?
Is there a chance that the May 23rd serial is full now?

Back