• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ Regular Force 2014 - 2017 [Merged]

Yes, Sgt. Lean posted in another forum that Jan 20, 2017 is almost filled and they are starting to fill February 20ths now.  I wonder if there will be one in March, or if I have to wait for another fiscal year to start.  Oh well, keep waiting, working, and working out :).  I want to serve more than anything, so it'll be worth the wait, I hope!

Hello all, if anyone has any insight into this matter it would be greatly appreciated. I have my swearing in ceremony on December 7th and BMOQ doesn't start until January 16th. I would like to visit my parents in the United Arab Emirates for Christmas. So my plan is to give my current employers the 2 weeks notice at the beginning of December, then fly out in mid December, returning either right before New Years or right after. I know that technically I will be on LWOP between the time of my enrollment and BMOQ. I asked my file manager twice if I will be allowed to leave the country during this time and both times he said that it would most likely be ok but he would get back to me to confirm. Both times were weeks ago and he has not gotten back to me, and I asked another guy at the recruiting centre and he also has not gotten back to me. It would be nice to know sooner rather than later so that I can make booking arrangements etc, if I am indeed allowed to travel.

This is going back 6 years ago however my daughter did travel outside Canada after swearing in but before leaving for training. She was told by the recruiting centre that there were no issues. It was only to the U.S. so not sure if travelling overseas would be different.

Thanks ArmyNavyMom! (Do you have kids in both the army and navy?) Does anyone else know anything about this that can help me out? I've asked my file manager a third time but he said again that he will get back to me, which I don't think he will. If I go into my recruiting centre in person would I be able to get a definitive answer? I would have to take a few hours off work to do this so I don't want to go and not be able to find out anything. Like I said I just want to find out if I can go so I can make booking arrangements. If I am not allowed to go of course I don't mind but it would be good to know.

elsalado said:
Thanks ArmyNavyMom! (Do you have kids in both the army and navy?) Does anyone else know anything about this that can help me out? I've asked my file manager a third time but he said again that he will get back to me, which I don't think he will. If I go into my recruiting centre in person would I be able to get a definitive answer? I would have to take a few hours off work to do this so I don't want to go and not be able to find out anything. Like I said I just want to find out if I can go so I can make booking arrangements. If I am not allowed to go of course I don't mind but it would be good to know.

Contact your File Manager or Career Manager immediately, be persistent but not annoying.

There are certain restrictions for travel as a CAF member, and there is certain documents that need to be completed for the CF National Counter Intelligence Unit prior to travel in order to assess risks etcetera.

While it is unlikely that you cannot travel to UAE, it's more the matter that someone needs to know you're going there (and hopefully coming back).

look here:

http://vcds.mil.ca/sites/intranet-eng.aspx?page=19321

picky picky.

Notification is achieved by submitting the Notification of Intent to Travel (NOIT) or by contacting the NOIT Program Coordinator (866-953-2353 -toll free)

contact the number and talk to them.

dgilroy9 said:
jealous, i wish i was.
let us know how it goes buddy

good luck :)

I will and I know how you felt, it was a long wait for this moment. Thank you and hope to see you on one soon!

thakurchris said:
I will see you there! I am coming from Brampton, how about you?
Nice. I'm coming from Toronto.
Hope to get a bit more information about my flight to St Jean at my enrolment on February 8th.
You excited/ready?

Mai said:
Nice. I'm coming from Toronto.
Hope to get a bit more information about my flight to St Jean at my enrolment on February 8th.
You excited/ready?

My enrollment is on the same day, but at Hamilton.
Yeah I feel ready, been running and doing a lot of push-ups. How about you?

Running is important but Rucksack marching is even more importanter .  ;D

But really, carrying weight on your back with a 7-15 pound weight in your hands is probably really new to you. You need to condition your feet, shins, legs, hips, backs and arms to carry weight. 

You can be a super fit gym bunny but if you're feet aren't toughened up they'll turn into hamburger on your first march. Then you'll be hopping around behind your course like smeagol anytime they march anywhere. Which is everywhere.

You have less than a month left. 3 weeks of abuse is better than showing up with pillow feet.

thakurchris said:
My enrollment is on the same day, but at Hamilton.
Yeah I feel ready, been running and doing a lot of push-ups. How about you?
Yeah, some of the same, been working on it.
My current work is pretty physical, but unfortunately differently than it will be in the CAF, so I have to space things out to avoid overtraining and injuring myself before I even get there.
I've also tried an approximation of the FORCE test at home a couple times, and can do it with enough time to spare.
Plus some ruck marches as Jarnhamar suggested. Not sure my feet are all that tough though, that might have to happen the hard way.

Hey guys!

Got my offer for DEO Pilot this week. I'm off to St. Jean for BMOQ on March 11. Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? If so, what trade are you in?
Excited? Nervous?

This is the information available to me at the moment and is subject to change based on the needs of the CAF and CFLRS (i.e. I am NOT posting on behalf of either organization)

Upcoming start dates for BMOQ:
8-May-17
15-May-17
28-Aug-17

There are various June & July dates for BMOQ Mod 1 ONLY and normally used for ROTP candidates.

Cheers

Back