• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ for July 2011

I was in dress shirt and a tie, but buddy who swore in with me was in a casual dress shirt. I don't think it matters much, it's your day, wear whatever you want dude.

wson said:
I was in dress shirt and a tie, but buddy who swore in with me was in a casual dress shirt. I don't think it matters much, it's your day, wear whatever you want dude.

That is the WRONG attitude to take. Be professional. You are part of an organization that bases itself on professionalism at all times. Besides, they OWN your ass now. Nothing belongs to you anymore. As my Sargeant said on the first day of BMQ, you have the right to get paid. That is it. You have no other rights anymore...lol... :salute:

SdtGrondin said:
Damn, for real...  :-\

i dont even have tie...  :facepalm:
I'm in the same boat.
Only dress shirts I own are more "casual" - you'd see me in them at the pub before a job interview.
Only ties I own are for "funeral suits"

I'll be wearing freshly pressed dress pants and an ironed polo.
Don't think you need to be dressed like you're getting married but respectable in always in fashion.. ;)

Private Davidson said:
Besides, they OWN your *** now.

The military does not own me. Procedures exist for me to leave the service any time i wish.

Nothing belongs to you anymore.

Well, i have no idea who pays for everything i have then.......like the internet connection i'm using now.

As my Sargeant said on the first day of BMQ, you have the right to get paid. That is it. You have no other rights anymore...lol... :salute:

That Sgt is an idiot.

"Taking it off here, Boss." Yeah, take it off, Dragline.
"Wiping it off here, Boss?" All right, Koko, wipe it off.
"Drinking it up here, Boss." All right, drink it up, Gambler.

"Taking a breathe here, Boss?"

Congrats to everyone who will be on their way here to the CFLRS!

I'm currently in week 11 here at the mega getting ready to head to farnham. So I'll be part of the platoon you see running around in fancy dress on the 14th.

I'm more than willing to entertain questions anyone might have.

kawa11 said:
I'm in the same boat.
Only dress shirts I own are more "casual" - you'd see me in them at the pub before a job interview.
Only ties I own are for "funeral suits"

I'll be wearing freshly pressed dress pants and an ironed polo.
Don't think you need to be dressed like you're getting married but respectable in always in fashion.. ;)
Fashion is not issue for official ceremony.For official ceremony accepted only dress pants, shirt , tie or suit.It's all.
Nobody says about "married" or "funeral " suit.
We are talking about official suit.What is it? Look at people who work in the offices.It is not expensive here in Canada.
Tie from 10$
Dress shirt from 15-20$
Suit from 100$
You must have official suit for any official things in your life.
Shoes from 40$

IMHO just dress with pride.  My opinion is that the most casual you should look at this ceremont is what would be acceptable at a golf course.  No less.  If you can wear a shirt and tie, or even just a dress shirt would be acceptable as well.  If you are a woman, try to th8ink business casual.  If all you have are jeans, make sure they are not dirty or ripped.

The idea is to NOT look like a homeless urchin at your swearing in ceremony.  This is a career opportunity to be proud of, so show your new employers that you are proud to be offered the chance to wear theit uniform.

Just my  :2c: of course, and subject to debate.

Good luck to those still in the app process, and to those on 0406E, we'll see ya in a couple of weeks!!!

Rev

I'll probably be seeing all of you guys around the MEGA soon. Good luck and cheers!

Does anyone know of the dates for B.M.Q. (common) and land for Camp Aldershot or Gagetown for the month of August ?.

2 Days, 16 Hours, 9 Minutes, 54 Seconds Left Before BMQ!! Everyone's Ready!?

Nervous?

Saturday is getting so close, Reality is setting in. I'm getting cold sweat I tell ya !  :crybaby:

Back