• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Nov 2010

My platoon started with 60. Added 8 more along the way, and ended up with 45 on grad day.

chrome1967 said:
My platoon started with 60. Added 8 more along the way, and ended up with 45 on grad day.

I realize that it varies from course to course but what is the general breakdown of army/navy/air force? Is there often a majority of one or another discipline or is it a generally even spread?

MMSS said:
I realize that it varies from course to course but what is the general breakdown of army/navy/air force? Is there often a majority of one or another discipline or is it a generally even spread?

Depends on your time of year, right now for example, there is a massive amount of Navy due to a lot of Navy trades not being filled earlier in the year, they were all that were left open for a lot of people, Air force of course has the least amount of actual trades so, they always seem to be the least of the 3 in platoons.

FyroniK said:
Depends on your time of year, right now for example, there is a massive amount of Navy due to a lot of Navy trades not being filled earlier in the year, they were all that were left open for a lot of people, Air force of course has the least amount of actual trades so, they always seem to be the least of the 3 in platoons.

I assume this is the same for BMOQ as well? Not that I have any issue with it; rather I find it interesting that "basic training" includes members from all three forces.

MMSS said:
I assume this is the same for BMOQ as well? Not that I have any issue with it; rather I find it interesting that "basic training" includes members from all three forces.

It's Basic Military Qualification; training that is commonly used by all elements.

Afterwards, you get into trade & element specific training.

On Christmas leave now.  Currently in Week 5.  The first week was especially hard, but it's gotten better -- quite a bit better.  Totally digging R24.  After doing the firing range I started thinking about Farnham in February...  God damn, it's going to be so cold.  I love it.

The only complaint I'd have right now is the time they chose to hand us our rifles.  We got them on Week 2 and although I understand they want to stress us out, it was a bit frustrating at the time to be in the middle of adapting to the new environment, trying to learn drill, trying to figure out this team work thing, and then be handed a rifle.  Oh well everyone made it through the weapon test in our platoon and we got over that initial stress so I can't be too sour about it.

Just hit week 3 at st jean, did my weapons handling test the day we left, I passed, 14 people didn't. We were told we were the last course to get our weapons Week 2, its being moved back to week 4. It's weird being back for sure.

They give weapons to recruits in week 2? Wow.  I thought they didn't do that until around week 5 or so? Good job passing your weapons handling test though.

Back