• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ October 2007 - ALL locations

formerarmybrat23

Inactive
Reaction score
The title sums it up. Hoping to chat with anyone heading out October 1st. My flight is supposed to be sept 29th or 30th but offical start date is the 1st. Getting to know anyone before leaving would be a big anxiety relief. I am also in the sydney area if anyone wants to hang out before.

so far i haven't seen anyone else with this date on here but its still a while away. I am going for RMS clerk also.

good luck everyone  :)

Hey Former,

I spoke with the Mtl recruiter last week who told me that I should be getting my phone call this week with an offer, I imagine that if the September dates are filled up (Which I was under the impression that they were) I should be receiving my offer for October 1st  :blotto:.

I was merit listed as of the 13Th of June, so it's been one month which is roughly how long I expected it to take..

Anyways, you will definitely be hearing from me in the next couple of days with my departure date, I look forward to being in BMQ.

Now the fun begins  ^-^

Sorry Former, I just called the Recruitment center and it looks like I am leaving to Borden for September 10th!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I get sworn in on the 6th of September.  8) Ive never felt happyer in my life.. It's almost unreal  ;D Good luck to you and all the rest of you future October 1st Bmq'ers.

hmmm another one that gets the call morethen a month later then me and is leaving sooner. They must have so many spots for clerks in one BMq or something. But I won't question the system as long as it works for me!

I just got the call today,
Sworn in on the 29th of Sept in Halifax, just before we hop on the bus for the airport.
Anyone else gonna be there?

Steve.

hello, how long did it take for you guys to get ur offer after u passed the interview the medical and the cfat?
im doing my interview in two days and was wondering when  i would be leaving if i did get in!
thanks
marie

Hi Marie, unfortunately every application is different, and nobody here can give you an accurate answer to your question. HOWEVER, if you want to get an idea of the average times for other applicants, you can go to this link:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

I would suggest looking at the more recent replies, as that thread has been around for quite a while.

Edited for spelling

marie1987 said:
hello, how long did it take for you guys to get ur offer after u passed the interview the medical and the cfat?
im doing my interview in two days and was wondering when  i would be leaving if i did get in!
thanks
marie

I applied back in March.  However, there is a bunch of this that will slow the process down.  During the application process I found out I have a heart murmur that no one ever knew about.  My physician never ever did find it, he just wrote me a note and sent me on my way... Secondly there was a hit on my security check.  That was the kicker.  This set me back almost 2 months.  When my file was merit listed the guy dealing with my file was impossible to get answers out of.  He didn;t have authorization to actually check out my security check so i could fix what ever was holding it up. He just said "i'll talk to the captain and i'll call you back this week.  He never ever did call me back....ever....  I ended up going in and talking to the CO after about 6 weeks of hounding him and never getting answers.  Funny thing once i talked to the CO he quite literally walked out of the room for about 5 minutes then came back only to say that he waived my security check and that they would have an offer inside two weeks, and if not I should call him personally...

So, i guess what i'm trying to say is, the recruiter said from the time of your interview, it could be 6 weeks, it could be 6 months all depending on if you're cleared, and how lazy the guy holding your file is.  Regardless, I got all my best results from constant nagging to get your file moving.  Even with my issues, they neglected to actually call me and tell me about them.  Its kinda your responsibility to find out why they are not doing anything, if thats the case. 

Rockstar said:
... and how lazy the guy holding your file is.  ...

Rockstar:

I think it's great that you got your issue resolved.  Once you have some time in, you'll come to realize that administrative problems RARELY have anything to do with "how lazy" the guy you're dealing with is.

Suck back, reload.

You're right, I am probably just bitter.

But in my defence, I was told I would be called back within the week six times, by the same person to boot. 

This was my first and only administrative issue, and that makes me pretty ignorant to the matter.

You'll be alright, Rockstar. 

Just remember that the guy who you're blaming today, could be YOU, tomorrow!!

I respect your perseverance - keep your head about you and you'll be a great soldier.

Regards,

Roy

I was told id be going in Oct but not the 1st and that's if i finally pick between armour or infantry Lil i got my med on the 18th and interview on the 10th of Sept so i am guessing after thanksgiving for me
good luck to everyone on the 1st
:cdn: Howard

I found out I got merit listed today. I'm really stoked about it actually, as I've been petrified about my previous credit coming to bite me in the backside. I look forward to working with you guys in the future. (I'm going for ED Tech, MSE Op, and Supply Tech in that order.)

danchapps said:
I found out I got merit listed today. I'm really stoked about it actually, as I've been petrified about my previous credit coming to bite me in the backside. I look forward to working with you guys in the future. (I'm going for ED Tech, MSE Op, and Supply Tech in that order.)

I was merit listed before I had to deal with my issue on my security check, which really could have been anything.
Is it normal to be merit listed BEFORE taking care of the issues and discrepencies brought forth by the security check, or am I special? 

Danchapps, if it is PREVIOUS credit problems and not CURRENT, it may not be an issue. They would be more likely looking to see how you handled the situation. Everyone makes mistakes.

There are quite a few threads dedicated to the ERC if you want more info.

It's a previous and current situation. I made them aware from day one when I dropped off the app that they would see a black mark on the credit history. It all stems from me going to college and incurring a rather large student debt, then some other credit card debts as well. It has been an issue I haven't wanted to deal with for a long time, but have decided they need to be dealt with. Pretty much all they asked of me was to show an effort that I was working on solving the issues at hand. I just thought it intriguing that I went to check on my app after meeting with a credit counselor. Anyway, long story short is that I'm going through with the credit counseling and all of my debt should be clear by this time next year if I get into BMQ and into the occupational training. (It's a good thing it's hard to spend money on course eh!) All in all, I'm very excited for a new future.

Wow Basic is going to be small in Oct lol ... and they said i wouldn't be able to get a bed on the Oct 1st course lol  :cdn:

Hedgehog18 said:
Wow Basic is going to be small in Oct lol ... and they said i wouldn't be able to get a bed on the Oct 1st course lol  :cdn:

There are 90 of us getting sworn in at Windsor Park on the 29th sept just before we get on the bus for Halifax airport.  Every one of us from NS.

I will be sworn in on the 24th, and I will be arriving at St. Jean on the 29th. I'll be on unpaid leave for 5 days, pretty well making me the most useless soldier in the whole Army for those 5 days  ;) I'm rather excited and can't wait to work with those attending.

Back