• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Regular Force 2005 - 2017 [Merged]

Yup! Getting sworn in on 21st as well! I got in for infantry and BMQ starts on the 26th for me. Though I did not get the flight information yet for Montreal, and I'm reading about bringing a picture frame to BMQ? Can someone explain this to me?

CK342 said:
Yup! Getting sworn in on 21st as well! I got in for infantry and BMQ starts on the 26th for me. Though I did not get the flight information yet for Montreal, and I'm reading about bringing a picture frame to BMQ? Can someone explain this to me?

It says in your CFLRS Information Booklet that it's exclusively bought at Canex. Have you read your booklet or did your CFRC not provide it? Read the annexes at least.

dortun said:
I'm on 0073F

Sweet, I've been checking the CFLRS site every few days to see if they've updated their graduation ceremony section yet to see if it's only 0073F and 0074E or if there's another English platoon as well being 0075E. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else here yet for February 9th, hopefully I'm not a lone wolf on Army.ca lol.

dortun said:
I've been checking too. I think we got call a little early

I agree, I got it on Wednesday and my recruiting center was already closed to the public from that Monday. I'll assume most people will receive their phone call after the second week of January. I'm glad I got my offer early though, more time to prepare and more motivation to do things.

I'm driving down on the 24th as well, looking forward to it!  Got in as vehicle tech.

I have rounded everything up off the civilian checklist of things to bring. Seems like a lot of stuff!  Should it be a problem if I bring a fairly large travel bag?

If you can carry it up to the 9th floor it's not a problem. But there's not a lot of stuff on the civilian checklist so I don't get why your luggage is that big

No problem carrying it!  The stuff just added up. I'm only bringing the minimum, probably just me over exaggerating!  Thank you

Anyone have an idea of what casual dress pants casual dress shoes are referring to? is the like khaki pants and simple dress shoes? and why bring those? if we are only in our civi for a few days?

Thanks!

macseh said:
Anyone have an idea of what casual dress pants casual dress shoes are referring to? is the like khaki pants and simple dress shoes? and why bring those? if we are only in our civi for a few days?

Thanks!

Yes, that is what they mean. So you don`t look like a sloppy dink when walking around for the first few days.

macseh said:
eloquently put loll so i guess jeans are a nono?

Jeans don't sound like dress pants to me lol. I'm bringing a few pairs of khakis, flannels and all black shoes.

macseh said:

Clothing for BMQ?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/116432.0

drbones said:
Same here. Will be shopping according to the joining instructions.

Unless you only own jeans and not a single plaid/flannel or dress shirt I don't recommend shopping and spending money on different pants since you're literally going to be wearing them for the first week you're there and you won't be seeing them again until weekends.

I'm on Feb 16, just a week after you guys! Didn't see anyone else for that date either! guess I'm a lone wolf too lol

lapinpunki said:
I'm on Feb 16, just a week after you guys! Didn't see anyone else for that date either! guess I'm a lone wolf too lol

Haha nice, just a week after. Good luck and hopefully you find more of your platoon soon.

Thanks! Found 3 just today! Hopefully others get the call soon!! Congrats too all of you guys! hope to see you there!

Back