• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - St. Jean - March 2011

All I know is I'm a crack shot and my Country needs me.  See you at bmq and I've got your back.  I think if we make bmq a team deal, we win.

I swore in on Feb 25, drove to St Jean on March 7, started March 8...last year. I never heard of anybody arriving early. I can't see that they have anything for 1 or more recruits to do while they wait for the rest of the 70 or so platoon to arrive. We all started the same day, a Monday and were instructed to arrive on the Sunday, period.

There normally are several courses that start in the same month. Normally 1 English and 1 French (sister platoons) at the same time. If your flying out on the 5th/6th then your course most likely starts on the following Monday, the 7th...

The RC obviously made an error either on the fly out or bmq date.  I'm guessing my flight date is wrong, since another person was given March 17 as their bmq date.  I'll find out for sure when I swear in.

Hey, I am getting sworn in on Feb 24th and flying out to BMQ on March 5th so dev, I think your recruiter got the date right? If so, I will see you at BMQ

Terry1026 said:
Hey, I am getting sworn in on Feb 24th and flying out to BMQ on March 5th so dev, I think your recruiter got the date right? If so, I will see you at BMQ

Terry, where are you coming from/what trade?

Vancouver and trade position is AC Op (Aerospace Control Operator). :)

Just to clarify for people, there is a BMQ Course starting on March 7th and thats the one I am in. I know this because my recruiter told me I will be flying out on the 5th and starting Basic on the 7th. Maybe people misheard 7th for 17th?

Hmm, I need to look into that, Terry.  Here I've been saying the RC made a mistake when, really, I might just need to clean the wax from my ears.  I look forward to meeting you and the others in QC.  Hopefully it will be a nice March and not like the hellish March months we get here in S. Ontario.

Edit: spelling mistake due to tiny cell keyboard.

Dev, I hope you get it all figured out :) and yes hopefully the weather isn't too harsh. I am so used to the West Coast, the mild winters and warm summers. Hope to see you at BMQ

Here's the link for the publically available BMQ course lists:
http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/cfc-ecc/dc-cd/index-eng.asp

March 7th is the correct date for BMQ's to be starting

I've just had my dates confirmed today.

March 5, jumpin' on the VIA Rail.
March 7, BMQ BEGINS!

Is it strange that I'm looking forward to everything?  :p

89Sharp said:

It's a good experience especially if you're going to the MEGA, Good Luck, and have fun with it.

89Sharp said:
I've just had my dates confirmed today.

March 5, jumpin' on the VIA Rail.
March 7, BMQ BEGINS!

See you at BMQ Sharp, by the way what is your name :p?

Terry1026 said:
See you at BMQ Sharp, by the way what is your name :p?

lol, Brandon Aitcheson.
I'll be the short black guy going in as LCIS (or ACISS, whatever you wanna call it now)

OS Devon Stinchcombe, NE Tech (C) at your service.  I'll be the tallish guy with dark hair.  Unfortunately, I'll be minus my prized beard.  I'm flying in, so I may see some of you at the airport.

Terry Um, Vancouver, Aerospace Control Operator, I am Korean-Canadian, about 6 feet tall. See you at BMQ guys.

Back