• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bring Back the army Forage / Peak Caps ... ?

Should the army bring back the peak cap for wear with our DEU's?

• Yes'sir . . . makes the troops look sharp & professional

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • No flerking way . . . only green berets touch my skull

Votes: 86 54.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle, Ex

I see a sarcastic post, in the same tone as most other posts here, from a guy who has 21 years of wearing Berets and getting frost bit ears.  What do you see in the way of lack of experience or trolling?

geo said:
If you are looking for stable belts, lanyards and the rest, you should contact William Scully Ltd.... they've been making military accoutrements for eons and have considerable "old brass" & accoutrements for the old branches.......

try:
http://www.williamscully.ca/

Why didn't I think of that? Funny but completely off-topic side note: I went to the museum in Artillery Park here in Quebec City yesterday, and in the basement, they had a recreation of an 18th-century French soldiers' quarters. The uniforms were beautifully made period uniforms, but they had one problem: the buttons on every single one were Canadian Airborne Regiment, made by William Scully. I had to laugh when I saw 18th century uniforms with buttons emblazoned with a parachute and wings. When you mentioned William Scully, it made me think of that. Anyway, I'll stop digressing the thread now.

That's the vibe I got too, George.  But then, I'm misunderstood more often than not too..... >:D

Me too. I think it may have been the perceived shot at the Reserves that might have done it.

period uniforms from the 18th/.....?
naw - the CAR is not that old and neither is Scully's.

MW Scully's & Sons & JR Gaunts made most of the uniform accessories from WW1 thru to the 70s when Gaunts packed it in and Scully became Wm Scully Ltd.

Airborne buttons huh?.... figures. Would thing that the curator was not military and / or figured that no one would notice.

Shot @ the reserves?...

Yeah... sorry... didn't bother to reserach answer before my last post
Scully & Gaunts were some of the suppliers of accoutrements to the Cdn Militia

recceguy said:
Me too. I think it may have been the perceived shot at the Reserves that might have done it.
;D
MO-SCRIMINATION

recceguy said:

That is indeed the case, we don't need another war between the Regs and Reserves

going off topic but there was a post a while back that refered to the officers ranks on the cuff look like airline pilots from westjet, what about bringing back the officers pips (little pins on the shoulder of different variation that represent the rank)

Papke said:
going off topic but there was a post a while back that refered to the officers ranks on the cuff look like airline pilots from westjet, what about bringing back the officers pips (little pins on the shoulder of different variation that represent the rank)

I would be in favour of it.  The current officer ranks are too navy.

Steel Badger said:
Dont forget the rotating High Vis saftey light for all new subalterns.....

We could just attach a little plastic propeller to those beanies they issue them at RMC and then duct tape a couple of glow sticks to the propeller blades. ;D

I remember the Officer cadets used to wear a white "band aid" on their shoulder boards....
which is, when you think about it, a fairly proper comparaison.

Problem with the old ranks was that the Majors and the WOs ended up wearing the same crown on their parka slip on.... many a young soldier got a blast for salutin a WO ond not the majors

Required the WOs to get a bigger crown so they would not be mistaken for Majors :)
Majors looked after themselves

NO!!

You guys MUST vote NO on this. You will not be as successful at becoming cougar meal in the forage cap...and besides they make you look like dorks. This I know... I have seen!! And besides I may one day be out there hunting!! Please please stick with the manly beret  :D

There would be only one three things I would wear. A Blk Beret, Maroon Beret, or Tan Beret. I have a few pics of my father with that Blk and red Forge Cap and BD.
Yes bring back the SSF. I could use the jump pay again. Some of the changes should be spec badges on CadPat. IE Wings, EOD, etc. Not over done, just that would be nice. We are the only Army that does not wear them.

Recce41 said:
There would be only one three things I would wear. A Blk Beret, Maroon Beret, or Tan Beret.

What? No more UN Tours for you?

quote author=Recce41 link=topic=34700/post-283956#msg283956 date=1129681188]
Some of the changes should be spec badges on CadPat. IE Wings, EOD, etc. Not over done, just that would be nice. We are the only Army that does not wear them.
[/quote]
Matter of fact was at the LF CCWO conference in September; we looked at the wearing of spec badges on cadpat. We tossed around a "ranger" tab that would be worn on the sleve, below the Cdn flag...... pert much all were in favour and this should be submitted to the dress committee at next meeting... intent to apply to spec badges like EOD, Ranger, pathfinder and the like.....
might pass
should pass.................

geo said:
Matter of fact was at the LF CCWO conference in September; we looked at the wearing of spec badges on cadpat. We tossed around a "ranger" tab that would be worn on the sleve, below the Cdn flag...... pert much all were in favour and this should be submitted to the dress committee at next meeting... intent to apply to spec badges like EOD, Ranger, pathfinder and the like.....
might pass
should pass.................
So?    Would this be for our "Garrison CADPAT" or our "Field CADPAT"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back