• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C.O.T.

CallOfDuty

Inactive
Reaction score
  Hey there everyone..........just wondering..has anyone here had any experience with a C.O.T.?( compulsory occupational transfer) 
  Did they basically sit you down and say, " here you go, heres your options, pick one..."  , or did you have any say in the 3 trades you wanted to select?
  Also, if you go into a purple trade, are you allowed to pick your element....or is that even an option in a COT?
  Thanks guys.
C.O.D. :cdn:

CallOfDuty said:
  Hey there everyone..........just wondering..has anyone here had any experience with a C.O.T.?( compulsory occupational transfer) 
  Did they basically sit you down and say, " here you go, heres your options, pick one..."  , or did you have any say in the 3 trades you wanted to select?
  Also, if you go into a purple trade, are you allowed to pick your element....or is that even an option in a COT?
  Thanks guys.
C.O.D. :cdn:

Buddy of mine failed the Basic AES Op course we were on.  When he got back to his home base, the BPSO sat him down and told him " here are your options, pick one". 

as for the DEU in a COT (or any ot for that matter) it is CFRG's policy to leave you in the same deu you are in, unless of course  the gaining trade is a single DEU Trade you will be re-assigned. an Example I was a NavComm, now Arty, I switched to DEU Land, had I gone NavComm to say med tech I would've retained Naval DEU. Hope it helps.

If the C.O.T. is due to a merger of the trade (example: Admin/Fin Clks to RMS), you will be asked to sign a form accepting the newly formed trade or given the option of remustering to a new MOS. As for changing DEU, there is no harm in making the request during the process.

Remaining in the same DEU for a purple trade is applicable for CFR instances as well.

However the option to change may be offered if below PML within that element.

Back