• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C3 Howitzer Replacement

Fair enough! I'll maybe do some digging when I get a free moment.
If you looked around for Artillery transformation, or artillery projects you’d probably find it.

All this said we need new guns, I’m pro 155 but not pro M777 (they aren’t supposed to be fired below -30 and ignoring that has caused issues). Probably we need something like m109s (my preference based on minimal artillery knowledge), Archer, or Caesar and in the 150 unit range to fill out 2 x 18 gun regular regiments (36), the school (6), ops stock (18), spares (18), and the at least 3 proper regiments from the reserves (54). That will likely require centralizing locations of Artillery pieces for the reserves close to training areas (Edmonton, Shilo, Moncton, Quebec City) and using sims / alternate training schedules for more spread out folks. I don’t think, however, that just because Johnny lives in Kenora he should have to be a gunner if he wants to be a reservist, however that’s a seperate debate.

If you looked around for Artillery transformation, or artillery projects you’d probably find it.

All this said we need new guns, I’m pro 155 but not pro M777 (they aren’t supposed to be fired below -30 and ignoring that has caused issues).
Keep them for one light brigade. Maybe a four-battery regiment.
Probably we need something like m109s (my preference based on minimal artillery knowledge)
Needs an L52 or better barrel. That's not in production yet.
, Archer,
Happy with that if we get a good ammo limber system set up.
or Caesar
No - good gun but not armoured - crew works exposed.
and in the 150 unit range to fill out 2 x 18 gun regular regiments (36), the school (6), ops stock (18), spares (18), and the at least 3 proper regiments from the reserves (54).
Numbers that I can live with - not sure about the government.
That will likely require centralizing locations of Artillery pieces for the reserves close to training areas (Edmonton, Shilo, Moncton, Quebec City) and using sims / alternate training schedules for more spread out folks.
Depends on whether they are tracked or not. Convoy driving an Archer battery from Toronto to Meaford is a very useful training exercise in its own right.
I don’t think, however, that just because Johnny lives in Kenora he should have to be a gunner if he wants to be a reservist, however that’s a seperate debate.
Yeah. There needs to be some adjustment. Kenora is a good example. There are others. I'm a fan of units which have subunits distributed in outpost but they need to have a good recruiting base and need to be reasonably close - a couple of hours at most. I really don't care if they are near a base with a range or not as long as they have sufficient training equipment and the CA can convince the RCAF to use their shiny new CC330s to fly folks there. Latvia would be a good place for two-week summer concentrations on prepositioned equipment. ;)

🍻

Keep them for one light brigade. Maybe a four-battery regiment.

Needs an L52 or better barrel. That's not in production yet.

Happy with that if we get a good ammo limber system set up.

No - good gun but not armoured - crew works exposed.

Numbers that I can live with - not sure about the government.

Depends on whether they are tracked or not. Convoy driving an Archer battery from Toronto to Meaford is a very useful training exercise in its own right.

Yeah. There needs to be some adjustment. Kenora is a good example. There are others. I'm a fan of units which have subunits distributed in outpost but they need to have a good recruiting base and need to be reasonably close - a couple of hours at most. I really don't care if they are near a base with a range or not as long as they have sufficient training equipment and the CA can convince the RCAF to use their shiny new CC330s to fly folks there. Latvia would be a good place for two-week summer concentrations on prepositioned equipment. ;)

🍻
Why is there a persistent belief that the RCAF won’t fly troops around?

If unit/bde staffs do the RFE form (2 pages, online on the DWAN) and email it to the “plus” account on the form, it gets considered. I’ve filled out dozens and had excellent success.

Back