• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadets wearing Year of the Veteran Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

q_1966

Inactive
Reaction score
Wondering if Cadets are allowed to wear the Year Of the Veteran Pins. Its been cleared for CIC officers, but what about Cadets?

Lets spell veteran right please ;)

I doubt it, as cadets are not members of the CF while CIC officers are.

Dont see why cadets cant show some support for the vets..

i wouldn't see a problem with it. there was the 125 anniversary pin, and there was the queens 50th year on the thrown pin. i think we should. it shows respect to our veterans.

this shows that all mebers of the CF are supposed to wear the pin. it dosent say anyhting about cadets so i am not sure. i will keep looking.

http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/general/sub.cfm?source=feature/yearofveteran05/yov_newsltr

My point is that it would have to be authorized by the powers that be in the CCM. I don't have a problem with it, my only issue is it would have to be approved for wear on uniform. As well, To the best of my knowledge, the pins are only distributed to CF and DND pers, in limited supply.

I received an e-mail today that has been forwarded from the Director Cadets.  Cadets are now authorized to wear the pin, it will be distributed shortly.  It is to be worn centered on the right breast pocket flap.  Hope they arrive before camp!

Well, that clears up my concern. Glad to see that it has been approved.

Ltmel said:
I received an e-mail today that has been forwarded from the Director Cadets.  Cadets are now authorized to wear the pin, it will be distributed shortly.  It is to be worn centered on the right breast pocket flap.  Hope they arrive before camp!

oh good. they look pretty nice, and it is about time we have something for our veterans

Ltmel said:
I received an e-mail today that has been forwarded from the Director Cadets.   Cadets are now authorized to wear the pin, it will be distributed shortly.   It is to be worn centered on the right breast pocket flap.   Hope they arrive before camp!
Would a cadet wearing a CF uniform wear it above the nametag like members of the CF or on the pocket as dictated (as Army Cadet CWOs are entitled to wear a CF uniform with cadet insignia)?

I assume this would be posted on cadets.ca at some point? Do they have to officially publish something of this sorts?

I hope that it is posted on cadets.ca soon.  It has filtered its way down cadetnet though.  As a cadet, regardless of the uniform you wear as indicated.  I have never heard that about the CF uniform, where is that written?

I would wear it above the name tag..... Not that there is any reasoning other than it makes sense to me.

Well over the weekend I saw an Aircadet unit wearing the pins. So I guess its just a matter of time before we get them!

ya i got the pin. they were handing the out to all the cadets that were at the VE day parade in toronto. it goes right above your name tag. they should be on there way to everyone's corps soon.

Good stuff; better late than never for this cause! :)

Dane said:
I would wear it above the name tag..... Not that there is any reasoning other than it makes sense to me.

For Sea Cadets, the pin is to be worn centered on the middle fold of the right brest pocket.

Anyone know if the pin is available for purchase because i'm certain that Pac region will not get the pin in time for summer camp.

Wow, not olny am I a Pri Res soldier, but I also work full time at RCSU(c), neither of the units I work for have this yet.......why are cadets getting them first??

As stated in an April 4th email sent out on CadetNet, "cadet units MAY get the pin" it didn't say for sure.  I know some Reg force people don't have it yet either.  They will filter down eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back