• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Camel Spider

I'd be more worried of a Brown Recluse spider.....

Here's what happens after a bite goes very bad.

This is what the little bugger looks like....

There used to be a TV show about a doctor that only dealt with spider and snake bites. Can't remember the name of the program, but some of the things that would happen to these people after they were bitten were horrific!!

I have been biten by a spider before while climbing a cherry tree when I was 8 or 9. I have a scar about the size of a dime on my thigh thanks to the little guy.

We were given all of the "mis-information" about them too from, supposedly credible sources for one of our pre-deployment briefings. As soon as the briefing was over I went home and started looking into it and also found that the info we were given was completely false. I was more freaked out by the giant beetles that you could actually hear walking through the sand, the large bees that looked like they were chrome plated, and let's not forget the Saw Scaled Vipers too (one almost got into the freight for one of the aircraft one day, I am sure that would have been a little problematic at 28,000 feet).

That is one disgusting beastie.

I just tore apart my old shed and the thing was infested with wof spiders.  Some were the size of my open hand.  Blah!!  Good thing my mom isn't the chicken I am.  She was smart enough not to tell me that I was tearing off a board that had the biggest one she'd ever seen -- until after I threw it into the wood pile.

Smart mom..I do the same thing to my son..lol
I am hoping it toughens him up.

Actually, looking at the size of them, may have been fishing spiders.  Still gross though.  I don't care what people say about them not being dangerous, they still freak me out.

I just tried to get a picture of my resident spider, but when I hit the siding of the house,he got ticked and ran. I think he has grown in the last week. His body is about the size of a toonie and his legs are fairly short and stumpy. 

Here is a picture of a fishing spider with an egg sac
fishingspider.jpg

Crikey! As a person with mild arachniphobia, I don't think I could stand stuff that big here.

However, small spiders are a different story. They like me so much they have tried to integrate me into their webs. I don't mind them at all. There's about five living in the downstairs bathroom right now - a room partially covered with dead ants.

Zartan said:
Crikey! As a person with mild arachniphobia, I don't think I could stand stuff that big here.

However, small spiders are a different story. They like me so much they have tried to integrate me into their webs. I don't mind them at all. There's about five living in the downstairs bathroom right now - a room partially covered with dead ants.

Hmmmm.  Just a thought.  Perhaps if you clean the bathroom there wouldn't be spiders living in there.

The bathroom is rather clean, but there are a number of holes at the base of the wall through which the ants and spiders come. Furthermore, I actually like the spiders there, as the alleviate the need for bug killer, and they don't cause me any problems (I know I've said I have arachniphobia, but only to a "mild" extent - small spiders don't bother me).

Get some caulking and fill the holes. Then buy some ant killer in powder form and make sure to spead it aorund the exterior of your foundation next year(this year is almost over). You will have to re-spread it after a rain, but it will keep the ants out of the house.

That individual deserves anything that happenes to him!

Now that was REALLY stupid!! and I must say he is a jacka$$ for doing it..geez ::)

hey i heard that those spiders can crawl pretty freaking fast like 30 km/ hour is that true?

Franko said:
I'd be more worried of a Brown Recluse spider.....

Here's what happens after a bite goes very bad.
  I swear to god that things going to give birth to some mutant spider human babies.

All I know is I hate big spiders... If I ever encountered one I'd be trying to kill it with everything I had on me.  Not thats not an invitation to throw rubber spiders at me.  Or real ones either.

Back