• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAN Enhanced (Permanent?) Fwd Presence in Latvia

I do not understand the denigration of drama teachers. Is this a general shot at the PM or teachers in general? ...
The former. After all, many who don't like the history of the current PM seemed to be OK with previous management being a professional politician since shortly after being out of university, and a conservative lobby group boss when he wasn't.

The former. After all, many who don't like the history of the current PM seemed to be OK with previous management being a professional politician since shortly after being out of university, and a conservative lobby group boss when he wasn't.
As well, there’s a difference between a drama teacher who dedicates a vocation/career to supporting the growth of arts in the education system, and a flitting individual that does it as a gig and that some may say (whether restrained by settlement NDA or otherwise), was with ‘less than benevolent intentions’…

I do not understand the denigration of drama teachers. Is this a general shot at the PM or teachers in general?
A shot at the PM. Teaching is a proud and noble profession. Acting is as well. I will admit it was rather flippant of me, however my theatrics comment stands.
Should all PM’s be lawyers or ‘businessmen’? Odd…
Hardly the point. His Excellency President Zelensky is a comedian by trade, who made his fame pretending to be leader of Ukraine. He has proven to be a charismatic and ferocious leader that Ukraine needed.

I derided Harper for being a business man that was penny wise and pound foolish just as much as I did Paul Martin. Chretien was a lawyer that was perfectly happy to trample the Indian Act as Justice Minister.

The right leader, is someone who knows what they don't know, surrounds themselves with people who do, heeds their advice, and acts accordingly.

In the past 7 years of Trudeau's leadership, I have seen numerous occasions of him doing the exact opposite of this: SNC-Lavalin, WE Charity, our dealings with NATO, the UNSC seat, the Vance Affair, all of it.

So yes, if we want to view Trudeau as a statesman, I would at least expect him to act as one. If he's going to perform theatrics on the world stage, I will call it as such.

As well, there’s a difference between a drama teacher who dedicates a vocation/career to supporting the growth of arts in the education system, and a flitting individual with a room temperature IQ that does it as a gig and that some may say (whether restrained by settlement NDA or otherwise), was with ‘less than benevolent intentions’…

There, FTFY ;)

HMCS Kingston and HMCS Summerside joining HMCS Halifax and HMCS Montreal on Op Reassurance:

How long has it been since we have had 4 warships deployed on an offshore mission? cheers to the RCN

If a clash happened and Russia deployed it's artillery, I think we would be shocked at the carnage on our side. It would not last long but the conflict would have a causality rate that rivals Iraq and Afghanistan combined. NATO will stumble in the first week, followed by a counter offensive that would stop the Russian offensive. It would be very short and very bloody with a lot of dead AFV's and aircraft on both sides. Expect heavy causalities within various field headquarters caused by their lack of EW, light discipline and failure to secure the perimeters.
Surprisingly (?) accurate. No other comment needed.

Reactions: ueo
From today's news: Canada in talks with NATO allies about boosting military forces in Latvia

"The alliance is also dramatically increasing the number of forces on high readiness from 40,000 to 300,000, Stoltenberg said, so they can be deployed quickly in the event of war.

Yet while Germany and Britain have both said in recent weeks that they are ready to lead larger combat units in Lithuania and Estonia, Canada has so far remained silent about its plans in Latvia.

Trudeau in March announced Canada will continue leading the Latvian-based battlegroup until March 2025, which Ozolins described as a necessary first step toward strengthening the force.

Canada is now leading discussions with other allies, the ambassador said, including the 10 other countries that are already contributing troops to the force. Those include Spain, Italy, Albania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.

“We are moving in the right direction,” Ozolins said. “The Canadians are leading the process. … This will be like a bit of a negotiation and discussion about who brings what.”"

So we are the 'convenors' of the meetings, are we? Isn't that what Global Affairs Minister Joly said we do so well?

It seems as if our political leaders are willing to have Canada step up... with troops, capabilities, and monies coming those nations that actually care to meet their NATO commitments. It's reminds me of this scene from the Simpsons: View attachment 71660
I strongly believe Canada will have a Bde over soon. I think at this point even your PM sees the clouds of war coming closer.

I strongly believe Canada will have a Bde over soon. I think at this point even your PM sees the cloudgs of wear coming closer.
FTFY. He will announce/bring out new socks. That is all.

Last edited:
Back