• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada moves to 2% GDP end of FY25/26 - PMMC

1) It's not just coursework. They have practicuums. Did you not have student teachers when you attended school? Did you never have one in any of your kid's classes? My kid had one in her classroom last year.

2) How exactly do you propose training teachers instead? Pretty easy to criticize from the sidelines with no alternative in sight.
I know full well what is involved; I went through the public school system when shop classes still existed (I took 3) and have teachers and administrators in the family tree going back two generations (ie. since "normal school" days).

A shop teacher is not dealing with academic subjects, and probably not with students below the age of 12 or 13. Preparation for teaching shop classes doesn't need to be part of an employment program for faculty of ed professors. I am confident that if a general academic teacher suited to the entire range of K-12 can be adequately prepared in less than one year (course work, examinations, student teaching), a shop teacher can be adequately prepared in less.

JHCOACIAS, I hope we don't have to have another round of "teaching is hard to learn/do" here.
 
Back
Top