• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's tanks

It's time to raise another privately raised regiment. Ok! Everybody kick in five bucks.
We could get a navy too. Just issue Letters of Marque. Now go get any Russian flagged tanker and you get to keep the oil.

From Wiki. Captured ships were subject to condemnation and sale under prize law, with the proceeds divided by percentage between the privateer's sponsors, shipowners, captains and crew. A percentage share usually went to the issuer of the commission.

You would get some takers I bet. LOL Plus uniform standards would be fun. And pet parakeets are a must.

We could get a navy too. Just issue Letters of Marque. Now go get any Russian flagged tanker and you get to keep the oil.

From Wiki. Captured ships were subject to condemnation and sale under prize law, with the proceeds divided by percentage between the privateer's sponsors, shipowners, captains and crew. A percentage share usually went to the issuer of the commission.

You would get some takers I bet. LOL Plus uniform standards would be fun. And pet parakeets are a must.
And think about the crown paying for every KG of drugs captured in Narco subs. That would end the narco sub trade in days.

Some Ex navy guys, a good mothership and some go-fast boats. The Caribbean is drug free.

Davey and Fed Fleet could have a new business model.

Here's some

Or the RN is getting rid of some ships. HMS Enterprise etc. You wouldn't want to change the name. Captain of the Enterprise! You may get some to do it for free! LOL
300px-HMS_Enterprise_British_waters.jpg

It's an amusing dream, but privateers are subject to reprisal by the nation that owns the Russian tankers, whose own warships and privateers may legitimately sink, burn, or take her (a privateer) a prize. I doubt Lloyd's will underwrite privateers; I doubt anyone can afford to risk one.

It's an amusing dream, but privateers are subject to reprisal by the nation that owns the Russian tankers, whose own warships and privateers may legitimately sink, burn, or take her (a privateer) a prize. I doubt Lloyd's will underwrite privateers; I doubt anyone can afford to risk one.

Did someone mention 'Privateers'? ;)

46b1e250-b391-4005-9661-1aa62d451f55.jpg

I wasn't serious.

But then on the other hand with what we have seen of the Russian navy of late....should our Privateers be very worried? Lol...

"All 20 of the Canadian Army’s Leopard 2A6M fleet are set to undergo a “planned repair, overhaul, and turret conversion” in New Brunswick that the Department of National Defence (DND) says will not be completed until 2026, according to an Inquiry of Ministry tabled by cabinet in the House of Commons on March 20."

"While the 20 Leopard 2A6M tanks set to receive repairs over the next three years represent just over 27 percent of the Army’s total fleet, they are also exactly half of the Leopard 2 fleet reserved for combat purposes."

"The Army’s remaining Leopard 2A4 tanks—which number 34 in total—are reserved as the military’s training fleet, but DND says in the Inquiry that they are “maintained at a level of serviceability to meet the quantity required to support the Army’s force generation requirements.”

"All 20 of the Canadian Army’s Leopard 2A6M fleet are set to undergo a “planned repair, overhaul, and turret conversion” in New Brunswick that the Department of National Defence (DND) says will not be completed until 2026, according to an Inquiry of Ministry tabled by cabinet in the House of Commons on March 20."

"While the 20 Leopard 2A6M tanks set to receive repairs over the next three years represent just over 27 percent of the Army’s total fleet, they are also exactly half of the Leopard 2 fleet reserved for combat purposes."

"The Army’s remaining Leopard 2A4 tanks—which number 34 in total—are reserved as the military’s training fleet, but DND says in the Inquiry that they are “maintained at a level of serviceability to meet the quantity required to support the Army’s force generation requirements.”
That may be true, but if I read in the Epoch Times that the sky was blue, I would look out the window to make sure.

That may be true, but if I read in the Epoch Times that the sky was blue, I would look out the window to make sure.
I cant comment on that, dont know much about them but I do wonder if the plan is we do all the work in house with some contractor support?

I cant comment on that, dont know much about them but I do wonder if the plan is we do all the work in house with some contractor support?

And it looks like 1 or 2 tanks at a time. Looks like a useful facility actually. Probably started this project in Gagetown before the gathering of the flock in Edmonton.

🍻

And it looks like 1 or 2 tanks at a time. Looks like a useful facility actually. Probably started this project in Gagetown before the gathering of the flock in Edmonton.

🍻
looks like we could use another 40 tanks just for maintenance cycling purposes

It's grossly over simplistic, but "three gets you one" is a start point:

One on operations, one for training, one in R&O.

As fleet sizes grow the ratios grow more favorable, and you can take risk in the latter two groups, but it gives a start point for discussion.

Back