• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Dismounted Infantry Capability Enhancement (DICE) programme

OceanBonfire

Reaction score
fthwi3h.jpg

The one-year framework contract will see delivery of approximately 2100 helmets and 4200 helmet covers, in two patterns, along with spare parts. There is an option to extend to 5 years, with delivery of up to 8400 additional helmets and accessories.

I get why they've got the ears uncovered, it just seems like the result is a helmet with less ballistic protection than previous versions.

Why couldn't the Armoured Corps get this as a crew helmet instead of that abomination bike helmet that was rolled out?

As far as uncovered ears, having suffered a fair amount of hearing loss and permanent tinnitus from my time in, I'd be much happier with a helmet designed to integrate active hearing protection than a couple more inches of ballistic coverage.

Now in year two of a five-year framework contract, the DND has exercised an option to order an additional 8,400 helmets and 16,800 helmet covers taking the total Canadian DICE order to 10,500 helmets and 21,000 covers, to date.

So will we place an order for 10500 rail mounts integrated into something MSA Sordin or Peltor like now? Not 5 years from now, not 10 years from now, inside the next 12 months?

I know the 163s are issued with Invisio T7 but those are limited.

So will we place an order for 10500 rail mounts integrated into something MSA Sordin or Peltor like now? Not 5 years from now, not 10 years from now, inside the next 12 months?

163s shouldn't be limited soon, the L3Harris standing offer is set to be renewed which would open the supply gates for EIS. There's also manufacturing slowdowns from COVID that are just clearing to increase supply of those radios as well.

Hopefully someone is leaning out at DLR to realize the relatively low cost and high value of helmet mounted ear pro for everyone.

I simply mean that we won’t have 10500 T7 headsets for everyone, nor would that make sense, so we need something for everyone not carrying a radio.

The good thing about the DICE helmets having rails is that even if the Army does not procure electronic hearing protection and the rail attachment, individuals can do so relatively cheaply themselves.

I have seen a number of personnel running hearing protection mounted on the rails but it was all privately purchased stuff.

The 163s don’t come with the T7. The T7 come with ISSP, but it’s no 1 for 1, we still get some of those god awful X5s. That said at least some troops will be getting the T7s as ISSP continues its roll out.

Back