• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

You're right...it was standing up for principles and following an ethical conduct path...her indigineity was merely another inconvenient element of the Different ExperienceTM.
Didn't his father have a lot of disdain for indigenous people?

Lets not forget this one

Thank you, thank you for being here, thank very much for your donation tonight I really appreciate your donation to the liberal party of Canada LOL

I thought I saw you post you were on the fence whether you were voting LPC or not. Apologies if I'm mistaken of course.
No. I tend to vote on the issues. I am the type of voter that could go either way, yes, I don’t consider myself partisan or the type that will vote red or blue because I hate the other side so much that I will never change my vote regardless of who or what’s on the table.

I’ve stated here multiple times that I like what I am seeing with O’toole despite underestimating him and am leaning towards him, the fiscal side of my politics though is not as impressed but the LPC isn’t offering much better on that front. That does not mean I cannot be critical of one or the other on whatever issue they may bring up.

for me campaigns matter. This one is halfway through. We’ll see what the other half brings. But my vote will be decided on the day I cast it.

You're right...it was standing up for principles and following an ethical conduct path...her indigineity was merely another inconvenient element of the Different ExperienceTM.
Her being an indeginous person is just a convenient prop argument used by his detractors in that case. Her being a woman, indigenous etc etc. It’s because she didn’t do what he wanted her to do. She could have been a man, handicapped, Muslim whatever. The end result was going to be the same for anyone taking that stand.

she stood up under principles and followed an ethical path, agreed, and got dumped for it. So yes ethics and the arrogance of a PM. I would prefer people not use the indigenous woman thing as a prop. There are plenty of real indigenous issues the LPC have failed on.

Her being an indeginous person is just a convenient prop argument used by his detractors in that case. Her being a woman, indigenous etc etc. It’s because she didn’t do what he wanted her to do. She could have been a man, handicapped, Muslim whatever. The end result was going to be the same for anyone taking that stand.

she stood up under principles and followed an ethical path, agreed, and got dumped for it. So yes ethics and the arrogance of a PM. I would prefer people not use the indigenous woman thing as a prop. There are plenty of real indigenous issues the LPC have failed on.
Your experience may differ.

‘I believed that we were going to do what we promised’: Jody Wilson-Raybould talks about a toxic partisanship and why she won’t run again

Reactions: QV

What it actually shows is that there is absolutely no limit to Trudeau's hypocrisy between his signalled virtue and his actual self-interested conduct. So in that regard, I would say that the First Nations leaders who figuratively patted Jagmeet Singh on the head for coming out, but stating their support for a Liberal candidate because they want more indigenous members in parliament, should in no way be surprised if their potential candidate is thrown to the wolves because of Trudeau's own interests.

Ummm, it was unethical, and potentially illegal. Good on her for standing up to him (and Gerald Butts)

for me campaigns matter.
Campaigns seem to me like they're based on desperate campaign promises, promises quickly discarded when politically convenient like electoral reform.

The Liberals in this case, because they are in power, could have helped Canadians a year ago (or more) with all these great plans but they waited until election time.

They waited because getting elected is more important than helping Canadians.

Campaigns seem to me like they're based on desperate campaign promises, promises quickly discarded when politically convenient like electoral reform.

The Liberals in this case, because they are in power, could have helped Canadians a year ago (or more) with all these great plans but they waited until election time.

They waited because getting elected is more important than helping Canadians.
Sure but we are seeing what the Parties are offering. In particular the CPC. O’Toole is being given the chance to show Canadians who he is. Until now people in general had no clue. He’s proving to be appealing and is looking prime ministerial. Without the childish campaigning we’ve seen before that really hasn’t yielded results.

i hope we are seing a shift to the center on the CPCs part and that O’Toole doesn’t need the SOCONs to win.

Curious to know what made anyone vote for Trudeau's party the last time.

Likely Scheer and the perception he was going to reopen abortion and was anti gay rights etc etc. Enough to turn people off. They also didn’t offer much as far a platform is concerned.

the CPC last time defeated themselves. I mentioned previously that they beat themselves up with their own hands and the Liberals cheered them on. Even though Scheer increased his seat count and popular vote share. The LPC also had more efficient vote distribution. They shaped the campaign and the CPC had to react. Not this time though.

Trudeau called an election no one wanted and their old tricks aren’t working against O’Toole because O’Toole started day 1 when he took over to change whatever perception the Liberals might have in store for him come election time.

I didn’t vote LPC, but I veered away from CPC pretty last minute. Way too much influence still held by the social conservatives. Too many people who matter to me don’t fall neatly into the brackets of what that fringe of the party consider equal human beings, and more importantly I lacked faith that Scheer would keep them in check.

While they’re still around, most of the worst have shifted elsewhere, and I have faith in O’Toole not to bend unduly to their stupidity, as evidenced by him ridding the party, where necessary, of those who would be that particular millstone around it’a neck.

At present I’m leaning strongly towards CPC. His announcements on housing, mental health, opioid addiction, and reducing barriers for domestic violence victims are all things that speak to me, and I like seeing some solid, pragmatic, reasonably progressive policy options coming from the CPC on them.

Liberal platform is out. Commitment to grow the CAF's long and short range strategic airlift.

THIS RAGE IS SO INFURIATING.​

WANT TO AVOID ELECTION PROTESTS, MR. TRUDEAU? STOP MAKING VOTERS ANGRY​

• National Post (Latest Edition) - 1 Sep 2021 - JOHN ROBSON
A reader's comment, to add to Robson article:

A more inclusive list of infuriating Trudeau actions:

TPP meeting - shows up late, shows socks to Ausie PM
G23 meeting – taking selfies with staff and cleaning personnel while fate of ISIS is being decided by the other 22
Next ISIS meeting he was not invited.
China (two Mikes),
Admiral Norman,
SNC Lavalin,
Reconciliation vote buying, “Thank you for your donation” to a FN who was protesting the lack of clean water,
open border – Roxham Road,
Bombardier,
Aga Khan Foundation (ethics violation),
Omar Khadr $10,000,000
three more terrorists at $10,000,000 each,
Hillary Clinton Foundation,
India – personal vacation and costume party,
pipelines: canceled NGateway, TC Pipelines abandoned Energy East, Kinder Morgan abandoned TMEP, shrugged at KXL cancellation (twice),
rail blockades,
African dictators bribed with $100,000,000 for useless UN vote instead of attending to said rail blockades
Buys Australia used F18’s to replace Canada’s used F18’s
Ukraine, abandoned Crimea and Eastern Ukraine to the Russians
Saudis,
fake refugees,
Veterans “asking more than we can give”,
Carbon tax,
UN Global Compact for forced Replacement Migration,
NAFTA,
apologies,
Scott Brison resigned/fired over Irving Shipyards scandal, (which created the Admiral Norman scandal)
Said that Jody Wilson-Raybould lied, she proved that Justin lied.
Gerald Butts resigned/fired to hide JWR/SNC Lavalin scandal
Morneau resigned/fired to hide WE scandal
Michael Wernick, resigned/fired for lying about JWR
Forces clerk who told the truth about the Sr. Officers saying “we’ve been here before”,
elderly woman in Quebec called “ racist” for asking about repayment costs of illegal immigrants,
“Peoplekind”,
Canada has no “core identity”,
Trudeau called Canada the world’s first “post national state”
“I experienced it differently”,
elbowed a female opposition member in the breast in the House of Commons,
Says Canada is committing “genocide” against our First Nations, Bill C48, Bill C69,
Morneau says he forgot to delclare his villa in France
Morneau says he forgot to repay WE charity for the $40,000 vacation
$594,000,000 MSM bribe,
adds $500,000,000 to CBC budget as soon as he is elected,
snubs Tori Stanford’s dad Rodney but welcomed alleged wife abuser and self described “hostage” Joshua Boyle to his office,
first PM found guilty of two ethics violations (prorogues parliament and redacts documents to avoid a third),
Bill M103 and Islamophobia, tried to hire pre-election social media “influencers” who influenced toward the Liberals only,
wants to control social media,
adds $100K to General Vances salary after he goes after Vice-Admiral Norman,
“How dies $50M sound? Let’s do it.”, Trudeau tweets Trevor Noah $50M re a children’s education charity. No vote in parliament or even cabinet.
Blackface (3 times including one where he acted like a monkey and put a banana down his pants),
Calls everything “systemic racism”,
WE scandal tried to give $900 million to a group linked to himself and his family, WE was supposed to distribute the money across Canada, WE was supposed to be the only group capable, except they had no capabilities in Quebec and were later found to be bankrupt in Canada ,
Black entrepreneur assistance scandal. In a carbon copy of the WE scandal JT gave control of $100s of millions to his friends from a Black advocacy group that was a month or two old and based in Trudeau’s own Pappineau riding
JT calls closing borders to flights from China “racist” (COVID),
JT trusted China to deliver vaccines,
won’t declare Huawei a banned company for 5G networks like all the other 5 eyes countries did
Trudeau, Liberal caucus & cabinet abstain from vote on Uyguhr genocide
Trudeau & cabinet abstain from vote on ending court case against indigenous
Ineffective airport quarantine fiasco

Liberal platform is out. Commitment to grow the CAF's long and short range strategic airlift.

So let's see here: The party that said the acquisition of C-17's was a waste of money now makes it part of its platform to "grow strategic airlift" ... after the line for C-17 has been closed and Canada missed its chance at snatching the last three or four? What is he going to acquire? Used C-5 parked in the desert and refurbished to current US Air Force standard?

And what on earth is a short range strategic airlifter? If you are going to go at the strategic airlifter level (as opposed to tactical airlifter) wouldn't you want them to have reasonable legs ... unless what you have in mind is the Airbus A400M or the Super Hercules.

Back